Is Basic4ppc going to stop working?

MAGAREY

Licensed User
Longtime User
With all the new Basic4Android, java, IOS features i wanted to know if you are going to keep basic4ppc alive, i cant find documentation about some questions i have, and the page doesnt seem to promotionate b4ppc as well as the others. Will basic4ppc gonna have an update? i know my questions sound kind of rude but i just wanted to ask, have a nice day!

Kintara

Licensed User
Longtime User
The good thing is it still works with Desktop Windows (Currently using it with Windows 7 Enterprise).
Kintara :cool:

smishra

Licensed User
Longtime User
Basic4ppc is no longer updated. However it is still working (there are no new versions of Windows Mobile since 2009).
Can I still buy it? I have a client who is running Windows CE on an embedded device. Since I am familiar with B4A and like it, I would like to see if I can use the Windows Mobile edition too.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel. I will see if the project materializes.
I've done quite a bit of programming with B4PPC, it's quite a bit different than B4A (in my opinion it was easier because you don't need to worry about activity life cycles, it's very much like VB). Most of the Apps I programmed used the serial port and captured data before formatting and storing or printing etc. In my opinion it's very good and easier to pick up than VB.