Network Signal strength (assistance required)

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I have a client who wishes to be able to automatically switch networks (roaming SIMs) when data signal drops below a certain level.

I can currently detect signal levels of the current connection using the PhoneStateListener.
I would like assistance in possibly developing a library to be able to switch networks and possible determine signal strength of the other networks so that we can automatically switch to the best network available at any time.

The client is going to pay for the development, I am currently just investigating whether this is possible.

I suspect this will need to be developed in java using the Android SDK and wrapped into a library for use within B4A, not something I have done for Android, but I did similar for Windows Mobile using DLLs.

So if anyone can assist then I am happy to pay for their time.

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Just the one SIM

But they use Roaming to change from the default Vodafone to EE or 02 if the signal is better where they are working.

Obviously they can do this manually in the phone settings currently, but they wish to automate this process within the App.