B4A/B4i/B4j user conference?

will it make sense to have one in the future?

• yes

Votes: 29 82.9%
  • no

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • I do not care

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, at the B4A chat anything goes, and for your information there are a few users into photography, and good ones, you can chat about B4A, life, money, deep thoughts or utterly nonsense which is the preferred topic most of the time, it is fun, you should stop by more often.

By the way, the chat is also a good place to take a nap :D.
I really should give the Chat a try sometime, only problem is it will give my wife something else to complain about me wasting my time on ;)

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I really should give the Chat a try sometime, only problem is it will give my wife something else to complain about me wasting my time on ;)
You will be given various forms of advice on how to deal with that as well, on the chat. :p

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As I mentioned previously I have been in the chat room a few times and I really enjoy reading the comments in the chat, but I don't really interact, I'm not sure why, well actually I do know why but that's just me.

B4A chat is a great place to visit and I do recommend it. I will admit it though, I've been involved in some great group chats on Hangouts, there's no substation to actually seeing the person you are talking to. But saying that, sometimes I just monitor and not actually interact on Hangouts :)

Either way the community that we have here on b4x.com is rather special and is a pleasure to be a part of.

Last edited:

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
As I mention previously I have been if chat a few times but I really enjoy reading the comments on the chat, but I don't really interact, I'm not sure why, well actually I do know why but that's just me.

B4A chat is a great place to visit and I do recommend it. I will admit it though, I've been involved in some great group chats on Hangouts, there's no substation to actually seeing the person you are talking is nice. But saying that sometimes I just monitor and not actually interact on Hangouts either :)

Either way the cimmunity that we have here on b4x.com is rather nice.
Should I be worried @Peter Simpson you're sounding more and more like a stalker with each post :p

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Full meaning of what a person tries to convey to another person can not be merely by sending text.. so many information is lost in the body language, the turns, hand movements, smiles, voice volume variations, sharing nature beauty without talking, drinking, eating,... you name it.
So, by no means a live and face to face communication can be substituted by sending frozen text. Text is a tiny part of human communication for sharing information, and it's a new comer.. we started using text only a few years ago, while we have been perfectly communicating for millions of years better than now.

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Full meaning of what a person tries to convey to another person can not be merely by sending text.. so many information is lost in the body language, the turns, hand movements, smiles, voice volume variations, sharing nature beauty without talking, drinking, eating,... you name it.
So, by no means a live and face to face communication can be substituted by sending frozen text. Text is a tiny part of human communication for sharing information, and it's a new comer.. we started using text only a few years ago, while we have been perfectly communicating for millions of years better than now.

That's why we have smileys! :) (Just joking)

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

There were a time where a people's history was passed on orally. Written word is a very recent way to pass knowledge, and even that is becoming old fashioned, but this time, with no suitable replacement.
We have come to the point that, even thou a bigger percentage of people is scholarized, the percentage of people that actually know how to write (or speak) is decreasing.

I agree that nothing can even replace a good one-on-one discussion, but... The written interaction of this forum is what really brought us together. Sure, B4x is a great product, but if it's forum or support were not good, no one would have stayed!

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There impressive dimensions in this project: 70,451 members...therefore my question: has there been a user conference in the past or is a user conference planed for the future. I am interested in other opinions to this subject...

stefan

you will need a football stadium for that conference... (+70k members)

but if you think again about it there are only few members that are daily activ on this forum.
maybe ~35 so no need for a big stadium

so you all can come to my place... :D beer + barbecue will welcome you

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
I live on 1 acre in Oklahoma. There is a 2000 square foot house and a 1100 square foot detached shop and lots of yard space for tents and such. It could be a "get back to nature technology conference"... :)

--- Jem

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I will put here the number 2 option, in addition to my first suggestion of Israel as appreciation and a way to honor and say thanks to Erel.
The second option is indeed Yangshuo in China.. just image-google for Yangshuo and see the photos talk.. I spent the most memorable
2 weeks in my life there.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I will put here the number 2 option, in addition to my first suggestion of Israel as appreciation and a way to honor and say thanks to Erel.
The second option is indeed Yangshuo in China.. just image-google for Yangshuo and see the photos talk.. I spent the most memorable
2 weeks in my life there.

i vote for NewYork!

EDIT: have never been there so i would like to visit America at least once in my life

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
but still i vote for NY :)

Still voting for NY?
I have so many friend families in Yangshuo and can organize a very successful, affordable and enjoyable event that no one will ever forget.
my friends will pick up us from the airport for free.. it's a two hour driving.
Any other bids?

Photos from Yangshuo, Guangxi Province, China - 2007
YS4.jpg

Last edited:

eurojam

Licensed User
Longtime User
wow, impressive landscape. That is what we geologists call kegel karst, which means a type of tropical humid karst characterized by numerous, closely spaced cones...so I will offer a geological round trip as a side programm:)

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Absolutely you are right.. there are thousands of these cone shaped hills in Yangshuo.. I forgot the number, they are unique.
Yangshuo is perfectly surrounded by a natural wall of these hills.. the only window is the beautiful Li river, that's so clean people can drink its water.

ok, now who wants to go?

yangshuo.jpg

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
WestStreet.png

Yangshuo West Street is the downtown of the city and it's for pedestrians only.. people just walk back and forth along the street the whole night..
City events often take place here where the city brings bands and actors to perform in the street in an open theater to entertain foreign tourists and visitors, as well as the rest of the city residents. Fun never stops here.
View attachment 35701
WestStreet2.png

Last edited: