CVgTl_05ojxAu35SwU-qaPz75APUB3KJO2cUO7NKEQQs3yj2GrRjWVzncx4sr867Vbw=h900-rw

Attachments

• 1p.png
    1p.png
    97 KB · Views: 7,700

AGG

Licensed User
Longtime User
Even thought it took me few minutes to start it without receiving the message that my phone is blocking the ads it looks a very good application. It is better to have let say a free hour to test it and then to start with the ads if I like it and want to use it. Otherwise it can be the best application but it will not start at all to show what it can do. I hate the ads and I use only paid applications and because not always I can find what I need I recently started using B4A. One of my first program was a radio based on the examples in this forum. You have the same problems that I had with some radio stations. It is better to implement a connection timeout in order to be able to select another station because many times the application looks like not responding to the user next selections. Also it is better to filter the error toasts after receiving the StreamReady event. I tested many Bulgarian stations for example and they play well but you show some errors like "Error: MEDIA_ERROR_UNKNOWN, -110" after the stream started.

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi AGG. Thank's for your email. Anyway i haven't had any problem, I have tried all the Bulgarian radio....
look this video ( and sorry for background noise ;) )

Most likely depends on your internet connection. Dont forget that radio when you listen radio request good inet velocity
It depends on the quality of the same. On average, the web radio broadcast stream between 32 Kbps and 128 Kbps.
To get you two examples:
One 32-Kbps stream will consume about 2.35 MB (mega bytes) every 10 minutes of listening
One stream at 128 Kbps will consume about 9.40 MB (mega bytes) every 10 minutes of listening.

AGG

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, I agree that it might be from the Internet connection. I have 30 MBit cable net but Bulgaria is too far from Canada. You can see the second problem with blocking the user interface from not responding servers. The user cannot select another station or to close the application:

desof

Licensed User
Longtime User
IGUAL no me sirve de mucho por que no encuentro un p..o ejemplo para crear una app que lea un archivo de una fm que este online !!!!1

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is another question.
Pls. Start with new Thread in "Questions"