Tone generator

modus

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I want to generate different audio tone, from 50 to 19.000 Hz.
I am try with Beep in Audio Library, but is limited to 2.650 Hz.
Any solution?
Thank you

modus

Licensed User
Longtime User
frequency limit

Thank you. This library is very good, I have try SinWaveTest exmple, but is limit to 14.650 Hz. I need to arrive to 19 kHz.
I have try my Galaxy S with other software, no problems to arrive to 20kHz.

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That is an arbitrary maximum in the demo program, change the line:

FreqSB.Max=

to whatever you want.

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've changed the SWT1-3.zip program to allow frequencies up to 19khz as per my previous post, although my ears can only hear up to 11.5khz and my 19 year old son could hear up to 14.7khz. That was tested on the emulator through studio quality monitors, I don't know what frequencies the hardware/speakers in the devices are capable of outputting.

To have any chance of the output being usable at higher frequencies, you will probably need to use a sample rate of 44100.

I have also added input fields so you can be more accurate with input values, touch the displayed label to get the edit text.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jost aus Soest

Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:
Upvote 0

modus

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tray with sample rate 44.1kHz or 48kHz, with 16bit, with FreqSB.Max=40000 but limit no change, remain around 14.500 Hz. Have you other suggestion? Thank you.

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How are you measuring the limit at 14500?

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
OK I will try something similar.

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have just tried recording into Reaper Multitrack recording software from my HTC sensation and I get a low amplitude sine wave up to 19khz.

You could try tweaking the program to give higher amplitude at higher frequencies if there any headroom left, although it may be a recording restriction that limits the amplitude.

Also, as it's only a demo app, the sample rate and other options reset if the phone sleeps etc.

Upvote 0