Share My Creation My first App! : Note-ification

promo5_small_size.jpg

Hey guys,

Some of you may have noticed that over the last few months I've become a Notifications freek! lol

This app is the reason why....

It's the reason I created THIS library.

It's the reason I tried to fix THIS library.

It's the reason I now know pretty much all there is to know about notifications :sign0095:

Anyways, enough babbling, I have just released my first app and it's called Note-ification.

Description from Play Store
--------------------------

Use Note-ification to leave yourself small notes in the notification area.

Notes will be at your finger tips to view when you want. FAST!

Notes can be shown instantly or set to alert you at a future date / time so as to not clutter your screen with non-relevant information. No other app of this kind has this feature!

Edit a Note easily by tapping on it.

Pick from a collection of colorful icons and choose whether to alert will vibrate and / or make a sound.

Service re-starts when device boots so Notes will re-appear, as if by magic!

Please Note: This is my first app, I have tested it extensively, but if there are any issues please contact me rather than leave bad comments. I will try to fix any issues ASAP, thanks

And finally the link, hope you guys like it.

Click me please...

Last edited:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just tested it on my Acer Iconia A500 tablet running ICS.

Very nice, both in landscape and portrait. Also a very useful app :)

The settings-bar is displayed correctly :D

Why don't you add an About-icon?

Have you tested it targeting ICS?

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="4" android:targetSdkVersion="15"/>

I am really getting used to ICS and now, for instance, I expect date and time dialog to be shown in ICS-style when using ICS. That is same feedback I have received from my users.

Anyway, nice job and good luck!

netchicken

Licensed User
Longtime User
Works great on a Samsung GS2. How did you make the great little sliding options window?

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks alot for the kind comments guys,

@moster67 - Will look into Target 15, was going to do an About screen, but to be honest I couldn't think what to put on it :sign0104:

@netchicken - do you mean the popup when you tap the config cog? It's a QuickAction menu using Corwin42's AHQuickAction library.

@Erel - added a screenshot, was going to do it yesterday but was a bit rushed and once I written the post and went to add screen, it turn ed out to be too big.

Cheers

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@moster67 - Will look into Target 15, was going to do an About screen, but to be honest I couldn't think what to put on it :sign0104:
You can laud the people who helped you build the app and rant about the lonely nights you had coding the app.

Its a great app Barx, and I am going to try and use it properly for the long run.
However, I think there is some affordance needed for the instructions.
For e.g. the QuickAction contains the current note settings AND global app settings. And it also took me a while to understand what Start/Stop service does, and how to remove the add new note from the notification bar.

Congratulations :)

Woinowski

Licensed User
Longtime User
I like it. On my Galaxy Tab the chosen icon is only shwn when you click on the notification. Would be nice to have it when the notification is triggered and in the bar. Also, a grey set of icons with android style (optionally) would be cool. How did you get the transparent app running?