Android Example FTP Example using a "Download-Queue"

It began in the english Forum.

In the english part of the forum i wrote an ftp example for @schimanski a few days ago which uses a "FTP Download Queue". all files are put into a list and after that they are downloaded each one after another (using one download at the same time).

I have extended this example a little bit. Now it is first do a LIST-Command (list all files in a defined folder on FTP) and all files listed are put into the downloadqueue. After that all files from the queue are downloaded one after another.

I made some design-changes also.

snap0028.png

label1 would be used to show progress of the downloaded files.
lv would be uses to show results of each file. Files downloaded without error are marked with a GREEN item. red marked items are the one where an error occurs.
There is one entry in downloadqueue which does not exists. I made this knowingly due to demonstrate such a situation.

ftptest001.png

If all files are downloaded (doesnt matter with or without errors) the following code gives you an overview over all made downloads.

B4X:
For i = 0 To jobresults.Size -1
    Log(jobresults.Get(i))
Next
Inside this you will find informations of each file

All files have been downloaded
{Filename=54532324.jpg, Success=false, Exception=java.lang.RuntimeException: Error retrieving file.
550 /vdfb.de/fonts/54532324.jpg: No such file or directory
}
{Filename=DejaVuSans.ttf, Success=true, Exception=}
{Filename=VeraMoBd.ttf, Success=true, Exception=}
{Filename=VeraMono.ttf, Success=true, Exception=}

Attached you will find my small example. It´s optimizeable i´m sure (i´m still in learning-phase of B4A :D) but it may help some of you finding a nice example i suppose.

Attachments

• ftpqueue.zip
    9.4 KB · Views: 1,239
Last edited:

Luis Alberto Perez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello. I am new to B4A. I have a problem when testing your code. It gives me an error (Username/passwrod type). I asume that you can not give out that information (private).
Can you help me finding an ftp server (free for testing/development purposes) I should suscribe in order to test your code ?
Thanks in advance,
Luis

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sure, you have to set it up with YOUR own Username/Login from YOUR FTP-Account.
In the test/writing the example) i have used my own FTP-Server-Logincredentials.

You just need a small Webhosting. Mostly you get an ftp-account to access your Webpage with this hosting. Search for ANY Webhosting-Provider and check if they give you ftp-access.

Google is your friend... It will find hostings for free too...

PS: Welcome to B4A community!

Luis Alberto Perez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Manfred for your reply and welcome.
I am stock....
I used my account in opendrive.com
url: webdav.opendrive.com , gave my user name and password and got the message: Connection refused.
Also I try with this url: www.opendrive.com and got the same message.
I think I should try with another server. Do you know one that works with this ftp protocol so I would open an account to test?

Best regards,

Luis