Android Question Anyone tried BT chat example with a PC?

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

It looks like the BT chat example is designed to work between 2 Android devices.
http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/android-bluetooth-bluetoothadmin-tutorial.14768/
I utterly failed to have it work between a PC and my cellphone.
I use HC-6 for interface
text from device to PC is ok and arrived correctly, but when try to send text from PC to device, the system crashes and I get a message saying something like "Connection is broke"
Any solution or idea appreciated.

Please note and this is important: I did not modify the example at all and used it as is, so I thought it was supposed to work.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel,

How are you running the Android project on the PC?

on the Windows side I am using a Windows App written in VB. I use MSComm1 as usual..
but this should be transparent to the Android device because I use BT module connected to the
Windows PC as interface.. so my cellphone is talking to the BT module and not to the PC.
May be it is from the way Windows is sending the text.

best,
p.s.
If had to use B4J on the PC side then I will need to port a lot of code, since the BT communication is only a small part of the project.

Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,
The problem I believe with the PC > Android communication.. I tried both, with and without prefix.
I wanted to try to package the string in an object (or array) but didn't know how to do that.
Any help appreciated.. my string is: "This is a test 123"

Upvote 0