Android Question [SOLVED] USB debugging : no device seen by B4A

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I turn around : I have bought a PC (Dell Inspiron 15, Windows 64 bits) and moved my Windows system image to it.

My problem is : Windows detects the smartphone connected via USB and USB debugging activated. But B4A doesn't see any device.

I have reinstalled B4A over the previous one but nothing more. Any idea about ? Thanks

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Over WiFi it works?

All java SDK and Android SDK stuff are installed? Re starting the ADV doesnt work either?

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

Yes it works great with B4A Bridge and all SDK are installed. I am currently trying to remove the Android USB driver to force Window redetect and reinstall it.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is the "install unknown sources" on? I did have a similar problem a long time ago... Cant recall how i solved it

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, it is set to accept the unknown sources and now it is solved (after having to delete any occurrence to the Android USB Driver from inside the Windows repository folder). In fact I was 32 bits under Parallels and I am now 64 bits. I should be the problem :)

Upvote 0

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've had this exact same problem only a week or two ago. Even with the Android SDK's updated and Additional Google USB selected. What worked for me was to download the latest usb driver directly from here...
http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html#
I then ran the installer and it worked! Don't forget to set the phone usb mode to ptp, but I guess this won't have changed as is just the pc that is new?

Upvote 0

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think I have the same problem. My solution was to just stick with the B4A Bridge.

Some of my devices work with a USB connection and some don't. The faster way to check whether B4A will recognize a USB connected device is to use the Android SDK Tool "Monitor". This can be found in your [Android SDK]\tools directory. The file is monitor.bat.

On my computer (also a Dell) some devices work with USB connected to one port and some devices don't. I switch USB ports. Now the other devices work, but the first ones don't.

If you really need to get the device working via USB, search Google for your specific device and android USB debugging. There are a lot of things to try. I've done this for all my devices and still have mixed results.

Hope this helps.

Barry.

Upvote 0

Chelu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the same problem, but I haven't changed the pc.
I have do no changes in the pc, but I've changed the phone.
Before, I had a Nexus 5, and all OK.
Now I've a Meizu m2 note wiht Lollipod, and it goes good but he usb debug.
It works great with B4A Bridge and all SDK are installed. Windows detects the smartphone connected via USB and USB debugging activated. But B4A doesn't see any device.
Any idea?

Upvote 0