Android Question ADB server didn't ACK

shashkiranr

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi ,

Im getting the following error from past 2 days
B4X:
ADB server didn't ACK

I searched the forum and tried everything but still issue persists. i want to use few emulator but cant due to this error.

I have tried to.

1. update and re install the Android SDK.

2. Kill the ADB process running in the background.

3. restart the ADB server in the IDE.

Kindly let me know if there is any other way to solve this issue.

Regards,
SK

shashkiranr

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

Thank you for your reply. Im using Genymotion. I had no problem at all till now and suddenly from 2 days im stuck with this error. The virtual device runs properly but my app does not get installed.

Regards,
SK

Upvote 0

shashkiranr

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes Erel. Many times. I need screen shots of Tab hence i m using Genymotion since i dont have a tab. I even reinstalled B4A.

Upvote 0

James Chamblin

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had the same problem after I updated the Android SDK. Seems that Genymotion uses its own ADB server which is incompatible with the current SDK. You can point Genymotion to use the Android's ADB instead of its own. From the Genymotion FAQ

How do I automatically connect my virtual device to the ADB tool?
By default, Genymotion uses its own ADB tool but you can define a specific one from the Android SDK. To specify a custom ADB tool:

1. Download Android Developer Tools (ADT) from the ADT Download page.
  2. Extract the archive files in the folder of your choice.
  3. Open Genymotion > Settings > ADB.
  4. Check Use custom Android SDK tools.
  5. Specify the path to the Android SDK by clicking Browse.
  6. Click OK.

Note - adt-bundle\sdk\platform-tools is not a valid value.

Of course, steps 1 and 2 you probably already have done when installing B4A, so just start with step 3. Should fix the problem.

Upvote 0

touchsquid

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the same issue, but it affects Bluestacks, Genymotion and all real devices. MoboRobo can connect to real devices, but ADB DEVICES on the command line returns "ADB server didn't ACK" as does B4A. This was working two weeks ago. I went on holiday and now it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @touchsquid : I have fixed this using the Windows global environment variables :
  1. create a new variable, let's say ANDROID_HOME with the path to the Android's SDK folder
  2. add the path to the major sub folders to the PATH environment variable. For example :
    1. %ANDROID_HOME%\tools;
    2. %ANDROID_HOME%\platform-tools;
    3. %ANDROID_HOME%\build-tools\21.1.2
env3.png

Upvote 0

touchsquid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you. I will try that. I have it working now, after I uninstalled Kies and MoboRobo. MoboRobo installed a new version yesterday which seems to have caused the problem. Earlier versions of MoboRobo did not interfere with adb so if you have on that is working do not install an update!

Upvote 0

ValDog

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @touchsquid : I have fixed this using the Windows global environment variables :
  1. create a new variable, let's say ANDROID_HOME with the path to the Android's SDK folder
  2. add the path to the major sub folders to the PATH environment variable. For example :
    1. %ANDROID_HOME%\tools;
    2. %ANDROID_HOME%\platform-tools;
    3. %ANDROID_HOME%\build-tools\21.1.2
env3.png
I've tried both the post #6 and post #9 solutions and am still getting the "
ADB server didn't ACK" error when I try to connect to GenyMotion. Anyone have a solution?

Update: Please disregard - I found my problem...

Last edited:
Upvote 0