Answering incoming call

jscoulter

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi.
Does anyone know of a way to have an app. answer an incoming call and then play a sound file or text to speech?

What I am thinking of is a type of answering machine that if an app. is put into a certain state , say driving mode (user would select a radio button in the app), then when a call comes in it would answer the call then play a message sound file or better still text to speech saying "I am currently driving and cant take your call" blah blah blah. text to speech would be good because you could define your message with out needing to record a file.
Of course the down side to this is the caller can not leave a message, but you know who rang from the CID.
Actually you could take this another step and get your speed from the GPS and if is over say 20 KPH (or 20 MPH) it would automatically go to this mode for you.

But does anyone know if the answering of the call and playing a message of any method is possible?

Thanks, Jeremy

jscoulter

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you know if this is an "Android" limitation, or just something not yet added to B4A....I would like you to say the latter :)

Thanks Jeremy

Upvote 0

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Detecting incoming calls

I was going to post a new thread about this then saw this one that was somewhat along the same lines so I thought this might be an appropriate thread to ask this in:

I have noticed in several apps in the market when the author explains certain permissions that they monitor incoming calls to make sure that you can answer them while using their app. Could someone explain this in more detail?

Is this only an issue depending on what exactly your app is doing? Or is it possible to 'miss calls' in ANY app that doesn't check for them? I would assume that it depends on what the app is doing, because I am certain that I have received calls while using apps before. If it helps, one app that I recently saw this mentioned in was SoundHound.

I'm pretty sure that monitoring incoming calls isn't necessary for 99% of the apps out there, but I just wanted more clarification on why this would need to be done and when.

Upvote 0