B4A Class Blank screen or splash screen

I had need to hide some screen manipulation including a keyboard showing, and came across some code on StackOverflow to add a panel directly to the window manager, which did the trick.

Here are two examples, and as I needed to run this at boot up, I've added the option to put a splash panel on top of it.

The panel passes through clicks, so if you are hiding buttons and edittexts, you will still need to cover them with a panel that has click and long click subs to consume the events.

The code I based it on can be found here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-lock-screen-turn-on-with-t/16034100#16034100

There are more options for animation if you search the Android developers site, and of course background colors.

An additional permission is required: Edit the manifest in the IDE and add:

B4X:
AddPermission("android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW")

Attachments

• BlankScreen1.zip
    8.1 KB · Views: 356
  • BlankScreenSplash.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Excuse me, but a little because of my English a lot because of my lack of clarity, I'm not sure I understood.

I do not think you're referring to "normal" splash screen; you wrote:

"Directly to add a panel to the window manager",

which I guess is part of the OS and then you want to say that this method can display panels on external app?

I ask you this (although I could use your attachments and study their code) because it seems to me that some apps do this (they give even bother, to tell the truth).

The issue is that I would find a way to be able to write in the "EditText" of other apps, and despite the OS security perhaps a method exists to achieve this.

I am only slightly off topic, it is only a first impression!

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This has nothing to do with 'other apps' the window manager is related to the apps context that is is added to, it is basically a system alert screen, hence the additional permission. It is not a normal splash screen in the sense that all manner of things, including keyboards, can be hidden behind it. But basically it adds a panel to the Window Manager, that panel can contain other views.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This has nothing to do with 'other apps' the window manager is related to the apps context that is is added to, it is basically a system alert screen, hence the additional permission. It is not a normal splash screen in the sense that all manner of things, including keyboards, can be hidden behind it. But basically it adds a panel to the Window Manager, that panel can contain other views.

Maybe that's what I meant: "system alert screen".

I did not want to mention the app, I possibly delete its name, but Viber displays its messages on any app or on the Home, maybe using this your method. I was referring to this.

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That is not possible with this method. As far as I know it only works with the app it's running in.