How many pending projects do you have?

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Today, I counted my pending projects and I'm totally shocked! There're 24 projects! Some projects are on "proof of concept" state, some are full functional without design/layout, and a few projects are nearly complete but I'm too lazy to finish it.

My wife used to talk to me: "When you want to do something, you will spend many days to think and try it. But when make it works-a-little-bit, you leave it!". Oh, she is right and I hate it.

Ok, this is the question: How many pending projects/ideas do you have right now? Will you plan to finish it soon?

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have 8 pending projects to release for mid february. And I am late on some of them. So, don't panic ;)

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Lots of ideas. A few unfinished projects.

My attention span is limited so I am going to begin a new project in the next few days and hope to have it completed within 2 or 3 weeks.
Still thinking of where to begin with the graphics on this one.

I'm calling it - Snake Bite.
Snakes are chasing the poor little mice. You must smash the snakes before they get to the poor little guys...
Another idea with this is -
Snake or Worm? Smash the worms. Smash a snake and you get eaten alive (well at the very least you loose a finger)... :p

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, it seems I'm not the only one with that problem :D

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi susu,
you're absolutely not alone! I am somewhat pathological on the subject..
Once I understand "how it works" I suddenly loose interest. Many projects lay as sketches on paper. Generally, I figure out how the whole architecture is supposed to work, then solve the hardest problems I can forestall but when the macro-analysis is done (and most of the micro too) I tend to deal with a new subject!
It seems my mind is constantly eager to learn new subjects or tests itself against new problems (not necessarily programming specific).
That could sounds cool but, believe me, it's not.
Anyway, I lived with it for so long that I'm used to it and, luckily, I married a very pragmatical woman. :)

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
On Android, two unfinished (I consider those that has gone into maintenance phase to be finished, even if I add things to them).

On Windows, however, maybe 50. Most are useable for what I made them for, but not polished enough to be considered finished. I made them for myself, and when they do what I needed, they are put on back burner and I go on to new projects.

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Every comment above sounds so familiar. If it can't be done then my interest is spiked. Once I figured it can be done my interest dies down. My projects are for personal use/interest and so I have no drive to complete them, I'm also pretty poor at coming up with ideas in the first place.
If work need something doing and I get paid for it then that's a different matter :D

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hahaha, the list of "patients" is longer and longer. Who can cure us now?

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have no lack of ideas, it's available time that's my limiting factor (and, currently, Battlefield 4...).
World of Tanks and Trials Fusion are my poison although I've been known to while away an hour or two on BF4.

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Mine is Fifa 15 (soccer game). It seems we're the same again.

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Mine is Fifa 15 (soccer game). It seems we're the same again.
That depends on which camp you sit in.... Xbox or Playstation?

I've both of the previous gen consoles but only ever use the Xbox. The Xbox One and the PS4 were both a big let down for me in terms of they're technical spec (especially the Xbox). In previous years next gen meant cutting edge. That's not the case with these two machines! I honestly think it's a marketing ploy. They don't want the success of the Xbox 360 because they want to be selling is another next gen next year. It smacks a little of Vista and Windows 7. What's the betting that the next Xbox is going to be called the Xbox One Plus. Basically an upgraded Xbox One :p

doogal

Licensed User
Longtime User
I too have a few pending projects probably about 3 or 4. The problem I am having right now is finishing touches. Like how to add ads(finally got this one), device sizes, and in-app purchases. I'm not sure how to approach these and could use some advice from some that have already published. For example, I have one in particular that's almost ready for release, but I want to make it where I can remove the ads, add new features(like backup). I don't know if I need to make a separate app or if I can use the same and just use in-app flags of sorts. I have never done such an app and need assistance.

Currently, I only do this as a hobby and don't have a Google account as of yet.

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is my story :
Once I discovered b4a I started codding and the app I dreamt off ...got to market and become my success stories
I became more and more stressed up about how many users I have and then I could not create any more .... each day loosing time on "stupid" console

I want to get to next level and put my mind to work again : 2 new apps this year with 3/4 more to come as new projects
Until now all garbage apps that was left along someplace became true stories over google play!

My next goal : Beat WAZE on my country ...when I will do that Erel will get my app featured ;) I hope he will read this ! and I mean it

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, mainly for hobby and practical app for everyday use: I've about 4 apps at 90%, 2 at 10% and 1 big project that don't know if I could carry on (CMS Joomla + PHP + MYSQL +Android +IOS clients)
Some day I'll want to try to make some games like Ilan !!