Looking for "success stories"

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
We plan to redesign the showcase page and post a list of developers success stories.
It doesn't need to be too dramatic.

Some possible examples:
- A popular (high rated) market application
- Nice revenue from ads or paid applications
- Business solutions
- Any other goal accomplished using Basic4android

So if you had any such story and willing to share it with the public and help us build confidence to new developers, please post it as a reply to this thread or send me an email to [email protected]

Please include an image and link if possible. Real names / companies are preferable.

Thank you for your help!

sheriffporter

Licensed User
Longtime User
Excellent Product, easy to learn/use

I picked B4a up last week, and after only a couple hours studying it I was able to start building a GPS app for our Search and Rescue people to use.

I have some experience with Visual Basic 6.0, but have never worked with Java at all. Using B4a was WAY easier than trying to learn Ecslipse or any other Java stuff that I could find. Some of the language is a lot different, but it has the same intuitiveness that VB has and plenty of great libraries that reduce the coding required greatly.

Hit a few tough spots, but due to excellent and very quick help I got from a few posts here on the website, I found the details I needed and the app is in beta test now. This is a small simple app we will use to have someone who is lost be able to download to their android device from our SAR website, and the app will send us their exact GPS location and map it for us onto Google Maps so we can find them faster. Our search teams can also carry this app and if they get in trouble, they can send us their location with one click.

Deputy Sheriff in the Pacific Northwest (USA) :sign0104:

Upvote 0

stari

Licensed User
Longtime User
Success stories

:BangHead:Hi, i'm new in forum and in B4A. I work a lot with VB 2008 and Vb 2010, so B4A is not a problem.
OK, but i have idea to build a Home Thermostat with Tablet PC 7", connected with WiFi. I will need some help, i thing.
What about my Idea ??

B4A is exelent.

Stari

Upvote 0