Android Question [Solved] Record contents of a View (record a video of the screen)

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there any simple way to record the contents of a view or several bitmap sequences into a mpg or other formats? I would need 30fps

I thought I had seen some similar question or answer to it time ago, but now I can't. Don't know if possible, neither.

thanks

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks. Yes, I searched a little and it is not obvious.

But, while searching I found another thing: a way to record screen without tricks and without being root!

It seems to be that from Android 4.4 ( don't know if also previous versions) you can record your screen through adb with an USB cable

http://www.howtogeek.com/176956/how-to-record-your-android-devices-screen-with-android-4.4-kitkat/

I tested it. The recording is done in the same device, and the results are simply perfect. Only have issues that my PC does not recognize the format (my device does), but I suppose it must be because I need to upgrade codecs. Have converted it with a video file converter.

This is the result and what I wanted to record

Upvote 0

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, though it seems that he didn't really say these words, it is a legend

It is something I am working at, but still at a very early stage and many things to improve.

Only from kitkat as they say, but very useful to create promotional videos for an app. For this purpose you can always borrow someone's device, the whole process is really fast. I'm going to try with my latest app.

Upvote 0