Wish Support B4A for Chrome(books)

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think appie21 means the other way. He wants to run the IDE on a Chromebook. Would be a nice feature but I think much work to port it if not impossible.

appie21

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes i mean the other way! (sorry for my bad English :( )

I Will run b4a in Chrome! (OS)

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can not install Java and the Android SDK on Chromebooks but you eventually can use remote desktop to a windows vps or remote PC if you wish.

Derek Johnson

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm experimenting with porting an app developed with B4A to my Lenovo Chromebook.

It is amazingly easy to transfer an app to Chromebook.

1. Install ARChon packager on an Android Device

2. Install "Chrome Apps & Extensions Developer Tool" on ChromeBook from ChromeStore

2. Install your B4A app on Android device

3. Run ARChon packager, select your app and create a zip file

4. Download this zipped file to the Chromebook (Mail it to yourself?)

5. Unzip to download folder

6 .Install the App using the Developer Tool

7. Run it!

There is an alternative to the Chrome Apps & Extensions tool that I have not tried yet that is supposed to have more capabilities.

Ok - so my app had a few issues and I am finding out what these are.

It would be great if anyone else could share their experiences with porting B4A apps to Chromebook here and could document any restrictions that they found and possible workrounds.

virpalacios

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, i installed on my Acer 720 and is working, however I can't figure out go back key and menu key on my chromekeyboard, I Appreciate
if someone have some information about.

Best Regards

:)
Hi Again I found these keys on the Internet
Go Back Key = Esc or Left Arrow
Menu Key = Ctrl + Esc

Last edited:

appie21

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi do you mean that you have run b4astand alone on your acer? or a app?

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've tested two of my Android Apps as Chrome extensions (windows 8.1) and Hyperblox form Wonder and runs fine (Apps with animation, webviews, Sqlite, etc)

The installations process can be consulted at http://lifehacker.com/how-to-run-android-apps-inside-chrome-on-any-desktop-op-1637564101 but basically is as Derek explains in Post#6

The best way I've found to "transform" an existing android apk to a chrome extension is:

- Installing the apk that you want to run as Chrome extension on android device (or emulator-- avd,genymotion,etc)
- Install Archon Packager from Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.bpear.archonpackager&hl=es
- Run Archon Packager and select the desired apk to run as extension (Archon Packager will adapt the apk to Chrome extension format creating a zip file)
- Share this file to your computer and unzip on a directory
- In Chrome extensions, load this apk selecting Unpackaged extension

Obviously, some people could use this tool in a wrong way but I find several cases that can be very usefull (as developer and as final customer)

Last edited: