Other Themes and fonts in 5.0

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, I'm looking at my b4acolors utility to see what I need to do to support the 5.0 style editor themes. My question is: Can fonts be added to the themes as well as the various syntax and element colors beyond just the Bold property, or are fonts done strictly in the IDE itself?

Thanks,

--- Jem

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The code editors font can only be set in the IDE.

The themes files are located in the Themes folder. You can add as many themes as you like. Go over the Dark.vssettings to see how it is structured. The colors are formatted in 0x??BBGGRR (you will need to ask Microsoft why they chose this format).

The "alpha" component is not used. The special value 0x020000000 means transparent.
This is the same format used by Visual Studio. This makes it quite simple to port themes from Visual Studio.

Note that you don't need to reload the IDE when you make updates to the files. Just rechoose the theme with the themes dialog.

Upvote 0

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
(you will need to ask Microsoft why they chose this format).

Only Microsoft knows why Microsoft does things. :)

The file format looks easier to parse than the b4a.xml file. I'll get new routines written so b4xcolors will be ready for the release of b4a 5.

Thanks,

--- Jem

Upvote 0

boten

Licensed User
Longtime User
Where are the themes marked as "IDE themes" stored?
I'd like to change colors of title line fg & bg, menu fg & bg, etc..... cudn't find anything hinting to them on any of the 4 vsettings supplied under folder themes

Upvote 0

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
My Log highlight is Dark blue with Black text, meaning unreadable.
Is there a way to reset this to a readable color set?
Thanks,
Rusty

Upvote 0

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User

Here you go.
It started on it's own. I tried to change the themes and no changes. light, dark etc all the same for all permutations.

for some reason the image won't attach...
upload_2016-8-2_11-34-52.png

Upvote 0

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, it's Windows 7 SP1
However, I tried to install Windows 10... a complete failure. It would go to blue screen on EVERY boot.
I retroed back to Windows 7.
Maybe that made some configuration change...I don't recall if the highlight changed at that point or not.
Regards,
Rusty

Upvote 0

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've tried to change the theme to ALL IDE themes and ALL mutations of code editor themes in the B4a environment...
Oh, I see ... change the WINDOWS theme, yes by changing it to an AERO theme, the logs are now readable:) Thanks Erel!
Rusty

Upvote 0