Other (Unofficial) B4A Chatroom

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
The chat has been very slow lately. I see lots of new people logging in to look around or ask a question but no one is around to answer. I'd love to have people in there 24 hours a day, but with timezone differences, summer time, and peoples real lives, I don't see that happening. More experienced volunteers would help, but we also need more users so we don't just sit around and stare at each other! :)

If you have a question, urgent or not, please consider trying the chat along with searching the forums here.

This is the chat server

It can be reached with about any web browser, or with the b4achat app.

--- Jem

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
his entire server (site & chat) is down actually. seems like it's time for another reboot.

Upvote 0

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
I hope its back soon or I`ll be forced to sit in silence with real people :(

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
poor Mike :(

you could still give "Don't tip the tree" a play tho while sitting there in silent!

The chat will be back once HotShoe notices there are problems.

Upvote 0

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
The RAID array failed. It has been re-constructed and the backup images are beeing reloaded now. It may be another hour or two before everything is back to normal.

--- Jem

Upvote 0

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's been a long night and the server is still dead. It's 4:21am here and I'm going to get some sleep. Nothing more I can do from here since the server is in Toronto Canada, and I am not. They are working on it still and hope to have a new raid cabinet delivered soon. Since my only contact is via skype I can't be sure exactly what happened, but something caused a cascade failure taking several servers and an entire raid cabinet down with it. Unfortunately, mlsoft.org was on that raid cabinet. I hope it will be up by the time I wake up, but we will see.

--- Jem

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think it was your friend's Jerry Hill's fault, i finally got to meet him on Friday, hahaha, I feel lost guys, please bring the chat room back, no but seriously I think is NJ's fault he comes in and out of the chat just to peek. LOL.

Cheers,
Walter

Upvote 0

schemer

Licensed User
Longtime User
For future reference do we use our forum password or a newly generated password for the chat? Is this an official B4A chat room?
Thanks,
schemer

Upvote 0

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For future reference do we use our forum password or a newly generated password for the chat? Is this an official B4A chat room?
Thanks,
schemer
As the title of this thread says it is NOT an official B4A chat room but it is THE B4A Chat Room!
You can login with any nick and without a password.

Upvote 0