Android Question AVD slow ....... why???

Oldmanenzo

Licensed User
Longtime User
  1. Silly question but with a grain of truth
    why the simulator is so slow, not to say extremely slow when part, initialization, and ready to use let alone uses half a second to fill in B4A and more than 30 seconds to transfer and start the program.
    Yet I think I have a pretty fast computer with 16GB of ram, hd solid state and I5 processor.
    One reason for sure there will be, but I can not explain it.
    Excuse my reflection that has nothing to do with the usual questions, but the curiosity sometimes externalize themselves.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree. Don't use the emulator.

I don't agree. You MUST use emulators, if you want test your app on different displays!!!

Or do you prefer to wait for the complaints of your customers?

I just ran a sample app published on this site and the graphics do not fit my device.

The author of the app does not use emulators.

I prefer not to mention him, but he is ... Erel :D

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you build your layout with the designer + designer script then you can easily test the layout with the UI Cloud.

Yes I knew this possibility.

I abandoned it, if I remember correctly (impossible :D) it allowed to test only layouts of the Designer, not Activities at run-time (which can contain views added by code).

Is it changed?

(Strange, I thought of receiving a Like from you for this, Erel, hehehe)
The author of the app does not use emulators.

I prefer not to mention him, but he is ... Erel :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's slow because it's trying to run the ARM version of Android, not the Intel version. So your computer is pretending to run code for chips it doesn't have. The genymotion or intel images for the emulator will allow your computer to use code written for Intel chips, so it runs much faster. I use Genymotion, it allows you to emulate many different screen sizes on lots of different virtual devices and android versions. The free version works great, but when you get more serious upgrading to the paid version may be a good idea.

Upvote 0