Android Question CreateScaledBitmap filter

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This function requires a boolean as Filter:
B4X:
Sub CreateScaledBitmap(Original As Bitmap, Width As Int, Height As Int, Filter As Boolean) As Bitmap
  Dim r As Reflector
  Dim b As Bitmap
  b = r.RunStaticMethod("android.graphics.Bitmap", "createScaledBitmap", _
      Array As Object(Original, Width, Height, Filter), _
      Array As String("android.graphics.Bitmap", "java.lang.int", "java.lang.int", "java.lang.boolean"))
  Return b
End Sub

I found this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2895065/what-does-the-filter-parameter-to-createscaledbitmap-do

and, from a link in that page:
  • SCALE_REPLICATE: Specific hint that provides higher performance, but lower-quality, "blocky" results.
  • SCALE_FAST: General hint meaning "I prefer speed over quality, but I'm not picky about the exact algorithm;" in Sun's current implementation (JDK 6 at the time of this writing) this is synonymous with SCALE_REPLICATE.
  • SCALE_AREA_AVERAGING: Specific hint that is slower, but provides higher-quality, "filtered" results.
  • SCALE_SMOOTH: General hint meaning "I prefer quality over speed, but I'm not picky about the exact algorithm;" in Sun's current implementation, this is generally synonymous withSCALE_AREA_AVERAGING. (As with the other hints, this mapping is implementation-dependent and subject to change; read thePerformance Notes section below for more on how this mapping could change in an upcoming release of Sun's JDK implementation.)
  • SCALE_DEFAULT: General hint meaning "I don't care, just pick something for me;" in Sun's current implementation, this is synonymous with SCALE_FAST.

What should I pass?

P.S.
Well, downsizing I get better quality setting Filter to True.

[upsizing too]

Last edited:

eurojam

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would pass TRUE or FALSE :D
In my understanding the filteflag means when False, only a downsampling will happen and when passing true, the result will be more smooth...best will be to try it with and without and compare the results.

Upvote 0