What happens to your source code if you die?

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry for the eerie question, but this has been in my mind for a while.
Do you have a "trusted person" who would carry on with your wishes?

Personally, I'd like to make everything open-source if anything bad happened to me, but I haven't taken any actions in that sense yet.

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
As for me, being I fathered a family of programmers I am sure they would handle it.

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Try not to die before open-sourcing all your source codes .

It is strange that you care about your source code after your death .
I just hate leaving things unfinished, therefore I would be "happy" to know that someone would carry-on any unfinished work of mine... :D

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I got curious. what would happen @Erel ?
Any heir, friend, or family member to continue with b4x software? :(

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
therefore I would be "happy" to know that someone would carry-on any unfinished work of mine

after you die this would be the last thing that would bother you.
as a ninja you will need to face all those demons and the devil so you better put the pizza by side and start KUNG FU ;)

i hope to die before my apps will cross the 1 mil downloads so i can enjoy the success but even if that will happen after my death i would be happy to know that
my family has a good pension ;)

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In 10 years there will be millions of abandoned user accounts like fb, WhatsApp, Amazon, Ebay, etc. Billions of posts, messages, pictures, videos, etc. will be lost in the digital space. Millions of mail accounts which will never be opened again. Millions of emails will be sent to this dead mailboxes every day.

Imagine in the future a family member dies. In the past you would find paper pictures, paper letters, etc. at their home. In the future there is a chance to find nothing at all (all in the cloud or other storage systems). No chance to find out if there's a life insurance (all digital), etc. So if someone dies in the future, all will be lost. No memory. Nothing.

This will be a market for apps handling that.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
All these fun topics, made me think of at least one new app (really, I have many ideas for new apps every 5 minutes, probably because I dream too much when I'm awake :D).

One touch testament (if you see "the car" too late, touch this button :p)

Then, the testament you prepared will be send to.... or other similar stuff :)

I can imagine hundreds of millions of... downloads? No, of adjurations and insults :p

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
All these fun topics, made me think of at least one new app (really, I have many ideas for new apps every 5 minutes, probably because I dream too much when I'm awake :D).

One touch testament (if you see "the car" too late, touch this button :p)

Then, the testament you prepared will be send to.... or other similar stuff :)

I can imagine hundreds of millions of... downloads? No, of adjurations and insults :p
I would never remember this button at such a situation . Perhaps after I die or go to a hospital :D

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I probably wouldn't want to die if I can't use b4x in haven.