Wish Export As Zip - Include Libraries

SNOUHyhQs2

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can we have another option to export the project as zip which include the selected/used libraries?

if possible, also include the #additionaljar, #additionalres to the zip.

This is good for people who are working with other licensed users.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can we have another option to export the project as zip which include the selected/used libraries?

if possible, also include the #additionaljar, #additionalres to the zip.

This is good for people who are working with other licensed users.

Don't you think other licensed users have all the libs installed and have access to download new ones?

SNOUHyhQs2

Licensed User
Longtime User
Don't you think other licensed users have all the libs installed and have access to download new ones?

For default internal libraries - yes
For additional libraries - maybe yes and no
BUT for custom made library - no they dont have it

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If any library is accessible to any user then it's accessible to all licesned users (I believe). You can send him the post of custom lib to download it. Unless I am missing something.

SNOUHyhQs2

Licensed User
Longtime User
If any library is accessible to any user then it's accessible to all licesned users (I believe). You can send him the post of custom lib to download it. Unless I am missing something.

you are missing the point.

what if you forgot the link of the custom libs?
what if you have the latest library but the license user still did not update to a latest library?
what if you made a custom library but not shared publicly and available only for your clients?

wont it be easier to pack all of it to zip including used library, AdditionalJar and AdditionalRes in just 1 click of a button?

no more "missing x library" dialogs when you shared your project.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you are missing the point.

what if you forgot the link of the custom libs?
what if you have the latest library but the license user still did not update to a latest library?
what if you made a custom library but not shared publicly and available only for your clients?

wont it be easier to pack all of it to zip including used library, AdditionalJar and AdditionalRes in just 1 click of a button?

no more "missing x library" dialogs when you shared your project.

I think I am still missing the point. How on earth that I can have the library and can't find the original post? Just type its name in the search post. The other point if the lib is written for one client and not public the how you ask him to post it to the forum? Forum members are public.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is a reason why the export to zip does not include libraries. As @Beja tried to explain, any official library is only available to licensed users. this is so to avoid distribution without consent of paid material, being it libraries or other stuff.
For the case at hands, adding to all the "what if"s, what if the other user is using an older IDE that is incompatible with your project or libs?

I think that, in the given scenario, of co-working, either an online repo, or shared folder in a cloud service would suite better the needs.

SNOUHyhQs2

Licensed User
Longtime User
There is a reason why the export to zip does not include libraries.

Im not asking on changing the Export to include library, what i want is just an additional menu to export zip with library under include/exclude shared modules.

fqrI9Wx.png

How on earth that I can have the library and can't find the original post?

~ custom library written by yourself and not shared in public - you really wont find it if you wrote a library and not share and post it online.

the other point if the lib is written for one client and not public the how you ask him to post it to the forum?

~ why on earth would you ask him to post (in public/forum) the project you made for him? Is this required for b4a?

Forum members are public.

~ and only registered user can download files.

what if the other user is using an older IDE that is incompatible with your project or libs?

~ you just dont code a project, you also set a system/development requirement on your project.

~ and if compatible library will be included on every export, and if new version comes you will still have a compatible library somewhere on your zips.

I think that, in the given scenario, of co-working, either an online repo, or shared folder in a cloud service would suite better the needs.

~ Currently, my additional library is pointing on dropbox folder with all other additional library. Is this good?

Last edited:

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Understand what you are saying.
The only way to do this is what you mentioned above.. to send your custom lib in second zip file. BTW this is what everyone is doing now.

SNOUHyhQs2

Licensed User
Longtime User
Understand what you are saying.
The only way to do this is what you mentioned above.. to send your custom lib in second zip file. BTW this is what everyone is doing now.

yes, and to make b4x (no just b4a but the whole b4x famliy) more awesome (and RAD) is to add that feature.