JOB TAKEN: ExoPlayer Customization Job Offer $100.

almontgreen

Licensed User
Longtime User
In order of preference:

1.)
I need to get the framerate of a video file. According to Erel you should be able to:
B4X:
Dim VideoFormat As JavaObject = player1
VideoFormat = VideoFormat.GetFieldJO("player").RunMethod("getVideoFormat", Null)

and then get it with VideoFormat.GetField("frameRate")

I can't get that to work. What's better would be a library to get the framerate of the file and do a conversion from time to frames and do the position search with frames instead of milliseconds as a simple call just like player1.play player1.pause player1.position OR player1.frposition for frames to set or get the position in frames instead of milliseconds.

2.) Play to time or frame and pause and raise a ready event. Erel's suggestion of CallSubPlus sort of works but you have to calculate the time difference from where the play position is and I'd like it simplified and part of a library. The computer timer works differently from frame rate so there would ultimately be an error and it would never be 100% accurate. The play to a time or frame needs to be baked in and 100% accurate.

3.) From reading this: https://github.com/google/ExoPlayer/issues/1216 It would seem that you could do a speed control for playback (slower and faster by %). That would be great!

4.) Playing in reverse is an [option] that would be really helpful and isn't a requirement, maybe just determine if it is possible? Through some strategic buffering, perhaps stepping frames in reverse or short reverse playback segments might be possible?

Comments I'm happy for the developer to make an ExoPlayer+ library and take donations from it so that everyone could benefit from the development. The above features are only a tiny part of how it could be customized and perhaps someone learning how to do the above could add more features in the future. I would certainly donate. Doing things like scrubbing video back and forth as you do with a video editing program for example would be fantastic. Working with very high resolution files and different codecs, setting frame rates and doing things with audio are all things that people are talking about and would be great add ons. I'd like to start the process with $100. Reading about ExoPlayer, it would seem that the heavy lifting has already been done but I'm not smart enough to know how to do the work.

So who wants to get this started? My Paypal is ready!