Games basketball game

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
While I'm finishing the last levels of my platformer, this weekend I've been working on a new mini game:
Concept is so simple, just swipe the ball with your finger. A clean shot scores 2 points and a normal one 1 point. Get the more points you can and get coins to buy balls in the store.
Yeah, there are hundreds like this one in the store, incluiding the ketchapp's one, but I'm thinking about launching a few endless, mini games. They're simple and fast to make (and fun!)
I think a ketchapp like game can be made in a month (I've done this in 3 days), it's a lot faster than what I've done before, so maybe I'll do two or three and see how they do in the store...

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
nice. why dont you release your billiard game?
it looks really cool

I see 2 preoblems with the pool game: one is that I would have to start it again. It's done using gameview and own physics, and now I'd make it with libGdx + Box2D. And even that wouldn't be enough, as a 3D physics engine is needed to do a proper billiards simulation
The other problem I see is How I focus the game? multiplayer looks too complicated to me, and the same goes to writting an AI to play against.
Having said that, maybe I can do a more casual game, with levels and a limited number of shots per level, like this one:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobirix.pocket8ball

Are you using box 2d for the physics. I've started writing a basketball shooting game but haven't tackled handling the physics of the ball hitting the rim
Yeah, now that I'm used to box2D I think I'll use in all my games, even in this one. It would have been easy to use own physics here, as everything in the game are circle to circle collisions, wich are the easiest ones to handle, but... let Box2D do the work for me :)
BTW, here is the physics model I use, very simple!
canasta.png

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
if you ask me the game is as is already cool. just add menu and ads and let the player play against the PC and you have another game online.
you can keep it with gameview the performance look really good and to be honest i am surprised that gameview is running so smooth.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
There's a baskball game by ketchup on the play store that's similar, after ten balls it starts to move the net around, and you can collect stars which you can spend on different coloured balls, this keeps the game addictive as players have a reason to keep playing.

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
There's a baskball game by ketchup on the play store that's similar, after ten balls it starts to move the net around, and you can collect stars which you can spend on different coloured balls, this keeps the game addictive as players have a reason to keep playing.
something like this :p?
After 5 points the initial position of the ball is randomized, and after 10 points the net is starting to move
Also playing with different balls that you'll be able to buy at the shop.