I've ordered 14 ESP8266 based glass Smart light switched

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hiya all,
Yes I've ordered some Smart light switched for my house, crazy or what :)

The Image below are a bit like the ones that I have ordered, but mine are designed around the ESP8266, I also have some ESP8266 dimmers but I might not use them as yet.

B4R is an excellent tool for developing IoT.
Incorporating MQTT into my ESP8266 projects for a solutions to control lights, a small test irrigation system and soon hopefully to include converting my blinds to electric, all this is made simpler with B4R. Controlling all the lights internally or externally will be done via an app which I'm designing in B4A.

I'm still designing, coding and testing bits and bobs at the moment, but everything is looking really good at present. Ironing out small problems before deciding to fully implement them into my house is taking a long time, but it MUST be done properly or it will not be done at all, it's as simple as that really.

The best part is that everything will still work as normal even without an Android device controlling it all.

BTW I'm already controlling my office lights through MQTT, the standard every day light switch is now acting like a standard 2 way switch, the ESP8266 is doing all the hard work and is only checking for state change.

I've only ordered the Smart lights switches because they were not expensive, plus trying to squeeze ESP8266 designed light/dimmer boards behind or next too the original switches is just not a good idea, there's no space. I also point blank refuse to start chiselling out the walls just for this project, that would work out really expensive and too time consuming. New glass Smart switches is the solution, as I just need to swap them over with the standard light switches.

My current light switches - which can still be used as standars toggles.
SF1200BN.JPG

I've ordered Smart light switches that look a bit like these, but are an off white colour.
1-2-3-Gang-Remote-Touch-Control-Smart-Light-Switch-220V-Wiring-Free-EU-Black-White.jpg

Last edited: