Share My Creation Dungeon Explorer. A classic platformer

Finally it's here. After months of hard work I can proudly present my new game:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ninjagames.platformer

It's a classic pixel art platformer where you, as a little Indiana Jones, have to explore the level, find the treasure chest and return to the entry point to finish the level.
It's made using libGDX and box2D, as allways.
At the moment there are 2 worlds with 12 levels each. If the game has some demand (something I really hope!) I'll release an update with the 3rd one.
Enjoy :)

Attachments

• supersimple.png
    supersimple.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 3,873
  • img1en.png
    img1en.png
    126.6 KB · Views: 275
  • img2en.png
    img2en.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 287
  • img3en.png
    img3en.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 291
  • img4en.png
    img4en.png
    128.7 KB · Views: 307

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, allready 1000 downloads! I wish this one could have the same success as catapult...
What do you guys think about the game? gameplay? difficulty level? is it boring? challenging? bugs? music? sounds? anyone allready finished it?:D
I'm thinking about making more playable characters that you could buy at the shop with the coins you collect, more episodes, more enemies...

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would like it to progress to the next level when I finish a level, not put me back on the level select screen.

Maybe a little more going on would be good, just a few extra things like water dripping from ceilings, or background sound effects.
Also when I press the back key it should go back to the main menu, not quit the game.
Add some transparency to the controls, maybe make them switchable (put jump on other side of screen), I got this request a lot for my games.
Make it possible to toggle sound/music on and off separately.
Add a link to your existing games (half my installs come from other games)

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would like it to progress to the next level when I finish a level, not put me back on the level select screen.

Maybe a little more going on would be good, just a few extra things like water dripping from ceilings, or background sound effects.
Also when I press the back key it should go back to the main menu, not quit the game.
Add some transparency to the controls, maybe make them switchable (put jump on other side of screen), I got this request a lot for my games.
Make it possible to toggle sound/music on and off separately.
Add a link to your existing games (half my installs come from other games)

Yeah, very usefull tips!
Maybe instead of the sound button in the main menu I'll put there a config button, and from there you'll be able to switch on/off the music and sounds, switch the controls and other things.
The back button is also something I should change.
And about cross promotion, I'm updating the catapult game showing this one, as catapult has a lot of users...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I like the game very much.

I think the timer should pause when you move the camera to show the door openning animation or any animations that blocks the game.
I agree with andy that on game complete there should be a next level button.

Lot of users in my platformer complained about the "1 hit dead" game play so i implemented a check point in my game where you can restart from there if u die.

Another option could be to allow more lifes in each level (maybe 3).

Another issue i found is if you hit the pause buttion after collecting the key the animation is played in the background. I used this bug to hold the timer while the game was showing the animation :p

Good luck !

Edit: btw i would let the user purchase something with the collected coins to motivate him collect all coins in the game.
Maybe buy new outfit for the character like hats, shoes,...

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've published a little update.
  • Now there is an options menu, where you can toggle sounds/music separately, and also invert controls.
  • When the camera is moving, the timer pauses, wich makes the game easier, as the timer was adjusted taking case of these little pauses.
  • Now to enter a door, just walk over. No need to use the action/jump button.
  • Some little updates here and there
In the next BIG update (and it depends on how is the game going, crossing fingers...) I'd release a third world and more playable characters that you could buy from a shop.