Wish MQTT Library update wish

madru

Licensed User
Longtime User
The current implemented of MQTT library (Paho <1.20?) gives us all the possibility to deal with our devices @ home and ......

I would say for "home use" the functionality is good enough as we can can do e.g. read/set temperature and we don't care if the connection is secure (just an example)

In my case it is a litte differed as we are developing a kind of gateway for our customer handling ~3.000.000 devices with 400 topics with huge JSON payload per country.

The proof of concept for the "Monitor" of the Gateway was done in B4J but I had to move to Java as a lot of requirements are not doable with the current MQTT implantation in B4J.

I like to list the requirements I like to see in the next MQTT implementation to finish the Job in B4J:
SSL / TLS
MQTTS
WS/WSS
Automatic Reconnect
Disconnected Publishing
set/getMaxInflight

Thats it for now ;)

all those features and more are available I the latest release of Paho, as the title says it is my wish to see them soon in B4x.

THX

Last edited:

madru

Licensed User
Longtime User
you are correct SSL is supported, this was a bad example.

Anyway, all I liked to say is that we are missing features for Pro usage.

madru

Licensed User
Longtime User
to make it short, I need Ws/WSS for all three supported platforms (A,I,J), TLS for I for mutual TLS authentication/offloading simulation on F5 (secure perimeter) and Disconnected Publishing.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
In which case do you prefer to use MQTT with WebSockets over the standard MQTT? This is mainly used with browser clients, not native clients.

TLS for I for mutual TLS authentication/offloading simulation on F5
Not sure that I understand this one.

Disconnected Publishing.
Can you provide more information? What do you mean? Is this related to the latest paho version vs. the one currently used?

madru

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

that is all F5 related:
F5 to validate HMAC hash of the token based on shared secret
F5 to validate timestamp of JWT token.
TCP and SSL/TLS state mirroring between HA units.

Disconnected Publishing is (also) part of the latest Paho release.
It is a buffer where messages are saved while the client is in disconnected state. The Buffer will be sent after reconnect. Yes, we can work around that but....... ;)