I have an Idea for an app that could be BIG! so I am in search for a partner.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,

I decided to create this post after seeing similar ones around...
So, I have an Idea for an app, that if well promoted/developed can make me and a partner very less poor... ( I hate the word "Rich" )
The target user base is the Portuguese expat, specially in Europe.
At this point, I don't want to disclosure more details, other than the complete project will consist of 3 apps, one in each major B4X platform (A, I, J)

I don't ask for money backing, I ask for someone with who I can share my Idea without fear of having it stolen, and for someone who can visualize the workflow easier than me... obviously, someone more experienced than me in developing BIG apps.

This is for real, no scam, no money promise, other than an equal share of future profits.

Ola a Todos

Decidi criar este Post depois de ver outros semelhantes por aqui...
Ora bem, eu tenho uma ideia para uma aplicação que, se for bem promovida/desenvolvida, poderá fazer de mim e do meu socio bem menos pobres... ( detesto o termo "rico" )
O publico target são os emigrantes portugueses, especialmente na Europa.
Nesta altura, não posso dar mais detalhes, excepto que esta é uma GRANDE aplicação, que consistira em 3 frentes, uma em cada B4X IDE ( A, I, J )

Nao peço dinheiro, peço alguém com quem partilhar esta visão, sem medo de a ver "roubada", alguém capaz de visualizar o funcionamento da aplicação melhor que eu... obviamente, alguém habituado a Grandes aplicações.

Isto é a sério! não prometo quantias de dinheiro, apenas uma parte igual dos lucros que forem realizados.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When I created this post last night, I thought to myself... "maybe within a week I'll get some reply..."
To my suprisse, I already been PM'd by 3 different B4X users.
I thank everyone who spent 5 minutes reading this, and very special thank you for those who took the extra time to reply!

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Cableguy, as you've seen a 50th person saw your thread.

As you will know since you are a member of this forum for 10 years, any proposal that is presented often brings with it many doubts that push you to not respond.

First you do not know the idea and you will not write it on the forum. Since today it seems that everything has been invented and nothing is left, not knowing what the idea is to do is doubt that it can really be a new or useful thing.

Second, let's all know that you are a programming expert and have been programming for many years in B4X. And there are so many who are not so expert and so they tend to be able to add little to what you can do. In fact, you ask someone who is more experienced than you for great App.

Thirdly, experts like you will have a project to develop as you have, so you will not be able to dedicate yourself to a second so big project. And to tell the truth even the dummies like me have a project they're working on (maybe without ever making it)

Fourth, not many would be able to develop smoothly in all three languages (B4A, B4I, B4J) although they are similar, they are not the same and you need to know both the Android world and Ios.

With this I do not want to discourage you from realizing your project, on the contrary, I hope you will realize it. Just do not think your proposal is unnoticed just because no one has responded.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

As you will know since you are a member of this forum for 10 years, any proposal that is presented often brings with it many doubts that push you to not respond.

First you do not know the idea and you will not write it on the forum. Since today it seems that everything has been invented and nothing is left, not knowing what the idea is to do is doubt that it can really be a new or useful thing.

Second, let's all know that you are a programming expert and have been programming for many years in B4X. And there are so many who are not so expert and so they tend to be able to add little to what you can do. In fact, you ask someone who is more experienced than you for great App.

Thirdly, experts like you will have a project to develop as you have, so you will not be able to dedicate yourself to a second so big project. And to tell the truth even the dummies like me have a project they're working on (maybe without ever making it)

Fourth, not many would be able to develop smoothly in all three languages (B4A, B4I, B4J) although they are similar, they are not the same and you need to know both the Android world and Ios.

With this I do not want to discourage you from realizing your project, on the contrary, I hope you will realize it. Just do not think your proposal is unnoticed just because no one has responded.

Hi Star-Dust, Thanks for replying.

First - Since this is my idea, I don't want to disclosure it just yet, not to the main public... I know we are all passionate about what we do and how we do it, but this idea, one of many I had, is something I really believe could make a big difference in my future.

Second - Don't be fooled by an in-forum Title... anyone can get to expert just by saying "hi" enough times in the forum... The Titles are given per number of post, and, as you well pointed, after 10+ years around, actively, it would be very difficult to not achieve that Title... There are, in this forum as in others, users that are experts from the minute they registered, just by the cheer knowledge they emane, like Klaus, Wonder, informatix, and many others, that may still not "achieved" the Expert Title.

Thirdly - Of course, you are absolutely right!

Fourth - To be very honest with you, it's been quite a while since I opened the B4A IDE, except for updates, and I never even touched B4I yet! I pass my time in B4J doing small stuff, but mostly, restarting the same project over and over, as I keep coming with new ideas, that somehow clash with the previous versions...

I am not discouraged at all, and again, THANK YOU for taking the time to respond to the thread.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I decided to create this post after seeing similar ones around.
I created a similar thread in the italian forum just yesterday :)

I also have an idea for a successful app (it came in my mind two days ago), but I do not want to develop it, I just sell the idea at an irresistible price,
auction base 500,000 €; strangely enough, nobody has contacted me so far, but the reason is that I just wrote in the Italian forum.

1/5 or more are bots, I think.

The target user base is the Portuguese expat, specially in Europe.
So it is a limited target (do you know that many retirees go to live in Portugal (to save on taxes)?).

Thirdly, experts like you will have a project to develop as you have
This is the main reason (for the lack of answers): there are about 90,000 members convinced that their app will succeed... tomorrow they will wake up :D:(

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Luca...

I did see your "500.000€" post, but it was the previous one, in which I also posted, that made me think of this post.
The app is aimed at Portuguese ExPat, meaning, Emigrants...
The Inland Portuguese Population is a stable-ish 10M people, but abroad, Portuguese and portuguese descendants, just in Europe, are over 2M, so its not that little as target.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is the main reason (for the lack of answers): there are about 90,000 members convinced that their app will succeed... tomorrow they will wake up :D:(

I would add that one has to be wary of those who do not have a millionaire project to accomplish.
It's also devoid of ideas, I doubt it can develop an app

EricPhp

t this point, I don't want to disclosure more details, other than the complete project will consist of 3 apps, one in each major B4X platform (A, I, J)

I would like to see an update from Mr. Cableguy - Hows the app coming along bud? ;) BTW, try looking into apps for dentists. Seems to be up and coming.

By the way, if you need some help with background music, I know a guy who does killer theremin music. It can be pretty hypnotic.

I'm sure the rest of the peeps here want to know as well. By the way, if you manage to hire any employees, make sure you use a real scheduling software. It can really help you out int he long run. Also for your app downloads, a good platform integrated with instant invoicing work too. Also this invoicing app can be used with android or ios.

Anyways, I think you'll do well with your app download business.

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The Developer I had made partnership with has given no news in over 5 months, and my personal life is going through a tough time, so it's on hold... Also I'm giving more attention to smaller projects, just to keep my head busy...

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
so the project you propose is stopped?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, the only thing that is left is the concept in my head...

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm sorry. Can not go on alone or with another collaborator?

I do not understand why you do not carry it on since you are very capable

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I can carry it alone, but a single brain cannot brainstorm new ideas, because it will get stuck in the same ideas it had before...
I am titled "Expert", but that's only because I've been around long enough to post many noob questions... The title is given according to number of posts, not for their utility, if they were, I would still be "Newbie"

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, many of us (including myself) are experts in the forum and not in development.
Indeed more you are in forum and less program.

But seeing your work you understand that you are an expert regardless of the expert title of the forum

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, many of us (including myself) are experts in the forum and not in development.
Indeed more you are in forum and less program.

But seeing your work you understand that you are an expert regardless of the expert title of the forum
Thanks for the compliment.