Interstitial ads- a good idea?

Multiverse app

Licensed User
Longtime User
Google is pushing way too hard for developers to integrate interstitials in their apps.
All of my apps have native ads. The reason why I do not add an interstitial in my app is that interstitials are a big pain in the ass for users. And ultimately, uninstalls.

I have personally hated apps having interstitials. But on the other hand, interstitial generate a lot more revenue than any other ad type. What is the best thing for me (OR ANY DEV) to do?

1. Native
2. interstitial
3. Both

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you mean with native "adview (banner)"?

In my opinion interstitial ads are no longer a real reason for uninstalls. Today almost everyone uses intetstitial ads so people are used to it . If you find the right way how to show them so its not too much disturbing for the user then u should go for it.

Their is no doubt that interstitial ads generate much more revenue and if someone doesnot like them then he can purchase the no ads version.

Bottom line if u want to make money from your apps u should use interstitial ads BUT give the user the option to remove them via inapp purchase and also have a look at admob tutorial video how to do it right.

Good luck :)

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I use interstitials and this is where most of my income comes from for my games. In general the interstitial makes 8 times as much income as the banner ad.
I've not tried native ads yet.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
some people always complain even when they can get rid of the ads for ā‚¬1.

interstitials is the way to go altho I must admit that revenue dropped a lot lately in my case, maybe not much new interesting ads to click at the moment.
if you played a game a few times you know when they will appear as they need to follow certain rules.

I disable the annoying videos as it seems to annoy people more than the regular ads.
Bad for revenue but still better than losing a hooked player because of the videos.

the only natives I've seen so far is in a content based app from a newspaper.
not sure if it earns a lot if people just scroll through them without clicking.