Android Code Snippet Free Code Snippets Manager

Hello,

I apologize if my English is not perfect.

I'm not a professional but someone who loves to program. I am a beginner with B4A and I found in the forum "Android Code Snippets" many programming tricks. As I program for Windows and I like to have access to my local tips, I realized an application (French/English) which includes these code snippets. This application is free. This is my way of thanking you for sharing your code and your experience.

You will find below the Help files in pdf format. If you wish, I'll post the Installation Setup.
Hoping that this application will be useful.

Regards

EDIT: Last version v2.2a: http://dl.free.fr/wJddSHBrH

Attachments

• Code Snippets Fr.pdf
    299.3 KB · Views: 898
  • Code Snippets En.pdf
    292.5 KB · Views: 1,633
Last edited:

thinktank

Hello,

I apologize if my English is not perfect.

I'm not a professional but someone who loves to program. I am a beginner with B4A and I found in the forum "Android Code Snippets" many programming tricks. As I program for Windows and I like to have access to my local tips, I realized an application (French/English) which includes these code snippets. This application is free. This is my way of thanking you for sharing your code and your experience.

You will find below the Help files in pdf format. If you wish, I'll post the Installation Setup.
Hoping that this application will be useful.

Regards
Good move brother, highly appreciated... One thing you may add is [Update DB] button, which only download .tps file from server... In one of my projects, I upload zipped db update file on server, program download dbupdate.config file to check db version and compares with already installed db version. If update available, then simply download the db update zip file from server update .tps file at client machine...

Thanx

Grinaute

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi. I don't want to update the tps database, it's up to each one to do it according to the codes he wishes to keep.

Regards

enonod

Licensed User
Longtime User
This looks very useful. Thank you very much Grinaute for your work.

Grinaute

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you.
It's an adaptation of another program that I did a long time ago and that I still use.

Regards

Grinaute

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I have completely re-written this application with a new appearance (tree) and many improvements (adding one image per record, full text search in RTF fields, fast text highlighting, filtering on a software, themes light/dark).

The update of the previous version will be done by importing the old data on the first run.

Preview with attached animation, version 2.0.0
I hope it will help you: http://dl.free.fr/hfpAoTQjE
Regards

Attachments

• Code Snippets v2.gif
    Code Snippets v2.gif
    420.9 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:

jimmyF

Licensed User
Longtime User
+1
Thank you!

jimmyF

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe, for the older eyes, an option to change the font size? :)

Grinaute

Licensed User
Longtime User
If it is for RTF fields you can do it yourself.
If it's for the interface I can see if I can increase the font.
What size would you like to have?

jimmyF

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, it is for the interface. The tree view and the code and comments windows.
I use 14 pt Consolas in the IDE but we are all different. Making it adjustable would be great. And just one setting for all the windows. Maybe the setting chosen in the code entry window could be applied throughout?
Thanks for asking.

Grinaute

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I modified the download link (#29) because there was a bug when searching in a software.

jimmyF

Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess I was not very clear with my request/observation. There was no problem with the application font size over all. It was just the code snippets windows; the font size of the 'MyCode Snippets' tree view , code window, and comments window within the application.
When you 'Insert a code', the option is there to change the font size in the editor window. Why not save the 'Insert a code' font setting and use it to display the code also?
Thanks for your efforts. It is a great resource.

Grinaute

Licensed User
Longtime User
Currently the code and comment are displayed next to the Treeview with the font and size they had when typing, as shown on the attached capture. This is how I planned to show this information.

I will see if I can give the ability to change only the font and size of the Treeview and RTF controls without changing the font of the windows.

Is it right for you?

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 332

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Bonjour:
A while back I created 3 code snippets. All three start with: Exploring SQLite Core Functions
None of them shows up in the search. Please see image.
Merci
upload_2017-8-22_11-58-48.png

jimmyF

Licensed User
Longtime User
I will see if I can give the ability to change only the font and size of the Treeview and RTF controls without changing the font of the windows.
It is fine. I did not see that the font size was saved with the code.. That's good enough.
It is all good. Thanks!