Bug fixing B4A game using Libgdx library + google play services + firebase ads

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
UPDATE: To get interest, I'm willing to pay $100 for this if it's one day of work. However if you take a look and convince me it will take longer then I will consider paying more. This may alos lead to more work in future as I currently don't have time to work on my games on my own.

I have a game with a large number of downloads, I wrote it using the LibGDX library with B4A. I am losing players due to some features either not being completed, or bugged, causing crashes.

I need someone to review all the code in the game, fix all bugs found then submit it back to myself for review.

It uses LibGDX
Firebase ads

I need to enable firebase error log reporting
Complete the achievements code as it's not currently wokring for all achievments
fix any crashes currently being reported.

I would expect it to take a couple of days for an experienced developer as it's not a large amount of code.
I'm not looking for optimization, just bug fixing.

Game is Invaders:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.coffeeinducedgames.invaders&hl=en_GB

Last edited:

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Does the game work offline? If so, do the crashes occur when not connected to the internet?

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
UPDATE: To get interest, I'm willing to pay $100 for this if it's one day of work. However if you take a look and convince me it will take longer then I will consider paying more. This may alos lead to more work in future as I currently don't have time to work on my games on my own.

I have a game with a large number of downloads, I wrote it using the LibGDX library with B4A. I am losing players due to some features either not being completed, or bugged, causing crashes.

I need someone to review all the code in the game, fix all bugs found then submit it back to myself for review.

It uses LibGDX
Firebase ads

I need to enable firebase error log reporting
Complete the achievements code as it's not currently wokring for all achievments
fix any crashes currently being reported.

I would expect it to take a couple of days for an experienced developer as it's not a large amount of code.
I'm not looking for optimization, just bug fixing.

Game is Invaders:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.coffeeinducedgames.invaders&hl=en_GB
$100? :eek:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Okay. Well it's about 1500 lines of code. I have no idea how long someone would take to go through it. Maybe instead of suggesting an amount I should just have asked for quotes.

Does it crashes without play service?

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think it may be related to google play services. I am removing this and submitting it as an update. As I currently have over 3% crash rate so must fix this ASAP.
I have removed all references to GPS and am submitting the update now.

Adding online scoreboards and achievements using GPS has had no positive impact on my downloads anyway, so I will continue to do these locally in the app rather than using GPS.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i guess the lib is not up to date and they (google) update google play service really fast.

The GPGS library is not the culprit and since many versions Google stopped rewriting the API code every morning. The problem is that GPGS accesses servers via a network and this link is a cause of numerous issues, the main one being to be disconnected abruptly. So when your code expects the connection to be effective and it is not, that may lead to a crash. Putting Try/Catch everywhere and checking the connection in the Catch is what I would do.
I experienced many problems myself while developping my game Dark Continent (e.g. suddenly the servers stop responding despite that the network is functional and you're still connected). The library (I mean "my java code") was not concerned in all of them.