iOS Question "Not supported" error in webview

Vern

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been staring at this for hours and can't see the problem. The code below loads the web page into the webview but in the IDE Log panel it displays "Not supported". I don't know what's "Not supported" and if I try to display another webpage in a different sub, I get the "*** WebKit discarded an uncaught exception in the webView:decidePolicyForNavigationAction:request:frame:decisionListener:..." message. I'm using B4i 4.3, a local Mac and IOS 11.0.3 on the phone. Does anyone see a problem?

Sub Process_Globals
Private WebView1 As WebView
Private Btn_finish As Button
Private Page3 As Page
End Sub

Sub Show_View
If Page3.IsInitialized = False Then
Page3.Initialize("Page3")
End If
Page3.RootPanel.LoadLayout("mywebview")
Main.NavControl.ShowPage(Page3)
WebView1.LoadURL("http://www.google.com")
End Sub

Vern

Licensed User
Longtime User
No. I thought of that and tried it both ways and it makes no difference. I'm upgrading the Mac OS and xcode to see if it makes any difference (taking hours).

Upvote 0

Vern

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upgraded the Mac OS to High Sierra and xcode 9.0.1 but the problem is still there. Looks like there may be a bug with webview.

Upvote 0

Vern

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, this is being tested on real devices. We had Apple update the Mac and iPhone and still the problem persists. Unfortunately we cannot post the project, but the subs listed above is the exact code that generated the problem in the first place.

Upvote 0

Vern

Licensed User
Longtime User
Didn't have time to create a project but I figured it out. There was a line of code in a sub copied from a B4A program that called "GetEncryptedObject" to retrieve an encrypted object from keyvaluestore. This had nothing to do with the sub that used the webview but somehow it caused the "Not Supported" message. Got rid of the call and everything works. Thanks.

Upvote 0