• Married or in a Stable Relationship

Votes: 33 76.7%
  • Divorced/ Widowed/ Single

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters

mfstuart

Licensed User
Longtime User
63 yr old male, married 28 yrs and going strong on our relationship. One 24 yr old daughter who left home 3 months ago and is discovering life with her friends. A very creative and artistic girl indeed.
Takes after her dad :)
I've been professionally developing corporate database oriented applications since 1992 - 25 yrs.
I liked what I saw in B4A and bought a personal license a few years ago, but didn't quite understand the concept. Recently I told my boss about it and now use it at the company I work for in Southern Califonia.
Learning B4A has come about with you all in this great forum. So thanx to all that helped.
Version 1 was deployed internally to over 60 7" tablets, and now version 2 is on its way real soon.
I love the freedom of what you can do with the UI in an app with B4A.
I'm hoping one day to come up with an app and publish it to the Play Store. :)

Claudio Oliveira

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok. Let's get straight to it.
I'm 61 yo, divorced once, married twice, two "kids" 26 & 28 yo, both girls, both single, one chef d'cuisine and one architect, no grandchildren. Married for 20 years now, but no kids.
Been an IT profesional for over 30 years. Started in 1976 with IBM DOS Assembler, then RPG-II, Cobol, Adabas/Natural, a couple of Burroughs (Uniysys) software (CMS / NDL), XBase, CA Clipper, CA Visual Objects, Visual Basic 6 and Visual Studio (VB only), CICS/VSAM, DB2, IBM MVS/ESA Assembler. Ended my IT career in 2007 as a Data Warehouse project designer for OLAP and Data Mining.
It's been a helluva ride, as you may guess. :)
Meanwhile, I used to play a Rickenbacker 4003-S5 bass guitar and sing with some cover bands around my hometown Rio de Janeiro. Sadly that's all over now, but I still keep that monster bass guitar, and play it home, by myself, once in a while just to keep fingers (and blisters!) in shape.
I'm retired for 10 years now and never been able to learn Java, C/++/# or any web related technologies.
So, what I do today?
Basically, I do nothing for money. I ride my Harley-Davidson, love photography, video recording and editing and, above all that, travelling (frequently on my Harley).
B4A? Well... Along the way, coding has become sort of an addiction to me. I've been a huge fan of Erel's since Basic4PPC.
I love coding and today I do it just for fun or to write Apps to meet personal needs and to keep that guy (Alzheimer) off the way! As a side effect, I'm learning a lot from this community and from B4A itself.

This is such an awsome thread indeed!
Thanks @Cableguy, for starting it. Obrigado!

Glad to meet you all.

Regards!

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User