Wish "Export as Zip" does not put files from "Shared Modules" in a separate directory

Widget

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I execute File > Export As Zip, it will create a zip file of the project folder and the Shared Modules folder, which is fine. But B4A adds all of the files from my Shared Modules folder to the project directory in the zip file instead of creating a separate folder for these files.

If I later restore this zip file to a temporary directory and try to get it to run, I have to pick and choose the *.bas files from the unzipped project directory and manually copy them to the active Shared Modules directory (after backing up the current Shared Modules directory). This takes time and can lead to mistakes. I get files scattered all over the place especially when restoring multiple .zip files.

Solution #1:
Create a "Shared Modules" folder in the zip file so the files are kept separate from the project files. This makes it easier to copy the files to the active Shared Modules folder that B4A references.

Solution #2:
Keep things as they are. When the unzipped project is run, it will first look for the files in the project directory rather than the Shared Modules directory. This will make it easy to run any of my backups without backing up the active Shared Modules directory and copying the unzipped files to the Shared Modules directory. I thought B4A always did this which made my life easy. But that's not how it works with the current B4A version. Too bad because I liked this solution the best. :)

Solution #3:
Is there a better solution that doesn't involve renaming the current Shared Modules folder or moving files around.

TIA

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When I execute File > Export As Zip, it will create a zip file of the project folder and the Shared Modules folder, which is fine. But B4A adds all of the files from my Shared Modules folder to the project directory in the zip file instead of creating a separate folder for these files.

If I later restore this zip file to a temporary directory and try to get it to run, I have to pick and choose the *.bas files from the unzipped project directory and manually copy them to the active Shared Modules directory
They should already be there, you should not need to copy them.

Widget

Licensed User
Longtime User
They should already be there, you should not need to copy them.

Yes the existing code remains in the Shared Modules directory and hasn't changed when I unzipped the exported file.

But I need my unzipped project to work with the unzipped shared modules code. They go hand in hand. Many of them are classes or utility code modules. When I work on my project, I am also working on the code in the shared modules folder too because my project heavily depends on these *.bas files. Sure they are shared with other projects, but the shared modules code is used primarily by my current project that I am exporting to a zip file. I can't run my unzipped project file that I exported 1 month ago with the current set of shared module files because the module files have changed too much since the export.

So I would like to easily reference the unzipped shared module files with my unzipped project files since they were both saved at the same time.