• 2.Add in another file path with browse and checkboxes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
path.JPG

Please can we have two file path fields to two Java versions with checkboxes, to switch between versions?
I have another idea, that makes you add/delete a path and simply select it from a combobox. This is even better. I should add a voting poll for this, so that you can put your vote and see which is most popular.

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
I noticed the current version is called 6.01. Sorry for the typo

B4Jversion.JPG

Last edited:

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please can we have two file path fields to two Java versions with checkboxes
Something in the current toolbar would be easier and faster and would allow for more than two Java versions.

Old: [Toolbar Items][Debug/Release]|[Build Configurations]
New: [Toolbar Items][Debug/Release]|[Build Configurations][JDK Version, default choice would be the latest version added.]

The configure paths dialog would need to be updated to allow for multi-JDK management.

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
@ShaneG30 I totally agree with you so I changed my vote. I'm not sure if Erel will implement this even though the vote statistics is a guidline, but that's beyond my horizon in where I roam. Check out my B4J project 'Athena' in share my creations. It will give you an insight of the power of innovation. Control everything from one button, that's my cup of tea.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The thread title is: B4J v6.02 feature.
As I wrote there is no plan to release such version.

When you post a feature request then you should explain the feature and why you think it is required. The title should summarize the feature.

There is also no need to add a poll to your feature requests. Other members can like or join the discussion. I'm not adding features based on polls.

The most important information is missing from this post. Why do you need two Java versions?

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
Users experience compatibly issues with Java versions and libraries, so an improved way to switch between versons seems more effective than that of, traditional methods.

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
There is also no need to add a poll to your feature requests. Other members can like or join the discussion. I'm not adding features based on polls
Seems like your personal feelings tends to run your company. You're clever for sure, but comments like above is more or less, contraproductive.
I might be the one who makes your franchise world famous, who knows. Such efforts should better come with 'Some benefits' if you ask me.

But then again, I'm not the CEO of Anywhere Software. Even though you need me :D

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Erel, I really think your efforts to create B4X is one of the best development environments I have ever seen. You don't have to ever believe I look down on your work or innovation, that's not all the case. As developers we have this power to change things which is great, and my vote poll is just a fun thing to prove my and other ideas and wishes, especially when posted in a wishes forum :) My wish is that B4X and in this case, especially B4J can be even better. Like I said before, I love your innovation and even want to renew my membership, even though you are acting a bit hard on me for asking the C sharp syntax hehe :-D That's because I have 15 years of experience with Visual studio. I am not going to turn that into a flame war vs JavaFX and B4X, that's just silly. I chosed B4J to make my dream with Athena justice, and that's now possible thanks mainly because of YOU and that's amazing how you could come up with not only one, but so many dev tools even a complete set of a new programming language to write applications for Android, Iphone, Raspberry PI, PC and Mac that's really impressive. The overall GUI in B4J is really good, so I can understand you take it to heart when someone wants to change what seems allready 'perfect', but as allways with innovation it must change and improve, because the fact that everything changes and good things can be better. So please don't take it the wrong way, because there is absolutely no need to. If you don't think my ideas as good, then I won't post any question polls again, that's fine with me, and I hope that is ok with everyone else too, that we never use the voting poll for anything? I don't really have a problem with this since I think I belong to one of the more experienced programmers and will find alternative ways for everything, and with that experience to make workflow as streamlined as possible. That's why I've been developing my ideas for such a long time. I always strived to make the new version better than the previous, I never settled for less than extreme hard work no matter what the price might be. And thanks to that I am creating what I experience is one of the top ten applications I have ever used in my lifetime, and that is my own project Athena. I have worked extremely hard with that and have plans to have it distributed with new computers allover the world, which would give B4X and Anywhere Software a promotion boost worth alot of money. I don't ask you to support me, to like me, to pay me or anything. All I ask for if some darn respect for my effort to realize my vision. And I've come along way with that. I even plan to put it up on Kickstarter, which would be the greatest promition for both me and you as one could ever wish for. So to think I am just an average programmer who have got ideas wrong, forget it. I'm in a different league and that's why the very best programmers believes and supports my vision with Athena. You guys know who you are and I love you for helping me in my question to create an application that will be installed on more than 100 million computers within the next 2 years. I hope I will be able to reward everyone who's stood on the good foot with me the past years.
And when success happens, you will know about it believe me I won't ever forget that.

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
Btw on my list for the top ten application I have ever used. B4X is part of that list :)

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Erel, Can you renew my membership and send me the latest version of B4A and B4I? I am going to promote your awesome products in Athena if you do.

I might be a stubborn pain in the arse person to deal with, but like Steve Jobs I am hungry and foolish enough to change the world :)

I don't have any money this month, but that will change. I will be very rich in the future.