Other B4A v8.50 has been released

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
A lot of work has been done recently with the new XUI2D games framework:

mario-gif.71004

This update makes it simpler to build cross platform applications and share files between the projects.

Improvements:
  • Debugger performance optimizations and bug fixes.
  • #CustomBuildAction:
    • Support in all modules.
    • Support for environment variables.
    • New "folders ready" cross platform compilation step. Useful for updating files.
  • The list of subs above the code editor was rewritten. It behaves better (doesn't miss key inputs and always jumps to the clicked sub).
  • file:// links can be ctrl + clicked.
  • B4A Sdk Manager v3.29 included.
  • BitmapCreator v4.18
  • XUI2D v0.99
  • OkHttpUtils2 v2.70
  • The WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission removed from the debugger.
  • Code editor jumps to the error line when there are Java compilation errors.
  • Bug fixes.
Developers eligible for free upgrades will receive an email with the installation instructions. Other developers will receive an email with a renewal offer.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

mfstuart

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I just installed B4A 8.5. And now I'm compiling my app in debug thru to the B4A Bridge to the tablet, and I'm getting the following errors on the tablet. The tablet doesn't launch the app at all.
Error writing file
Error saving APK

Anyone have an idea what this may be?

Thanx,
Mark Stuart

Upvote 0

FernandoMassa

Licensed User
Longtime User
it is in these moments that I regret not having bought the license for two years. mine was renovating for 2 months and ended 06/31
:(

next year I buy the Enterprise license

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I just installed B4A 8.5. And now I'm compiling my app in debug thru to the B4A Bridge to the tablet, and I'm getting the following errors on the tablet. The tablet doesn't launch the app at all.
Error writing file
Error saving APK
I don't think that it is related to the new version. Please start a new thread and provide all information you can.

Upvote 0

JOTHA

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

I made the upgrade, but since v8.50 there is a problem with ...
B4X:
FileDialog_Import.TextColor = Colors.White
... it doesn't compile anymore.

Another problem is this one:
main_panel_012_spinner_001_bild_auswahl_itemclick (java line: 7898)
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: No instance field Text of type Ljava/lang/String; in class Lanywheresoftware/b4a/objects/SimpleListAdapter$SingleLineData; or its superclasses (declaration of 'anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.SimpleListAdapter$SingleLineData' appears in /data/app/jothasoft.passwortsafe.android-2/base.apk)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.agraham.dialogs.InputDialog$FileDialog.loadFileList(InputDialog.java:1786)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.agraham.dialogs.InputDialog$FileDialog.Show(InputDialog.java:1832)
at jothasoft.passwortsafe.android.main._panel_012_spinner_001_bild_auswahl_itemclick(main.java:7898)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.raiseEvent2(BA.java:191)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA$1.run(BA.java:330)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:836)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:103)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:203)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6310)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1084)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:945)
main_panel_012_spinner_001_bild_auswahl_itemclick (java line: 7898)
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: No instance field Text of type Ljava/lang/String; in class Lanywheresoftware/b4a/objects/SimpleListAdapter$SingleLineData; or its superclasses (declaration of 'anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.SimpleListAdapter$SingleLineData' appears in /data/app/jothasoft.passwortsafe.android-2/base.apk)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.agraham.dialogs.InputDialog$FileDialog.loadFileList(InputDialog.java:1786)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.agraham.dialogs.InputDialog$FileDialog.Show(InputDialog.java:1832)
at jothasoft.passwortsafe.android.main._panel_012_spinner_001_bild_auswahl_itemclick(main.java:7898)
... when I want to use FileDialog (by agraham).

Should I reinstall v8.30 (there was no problem with that)?

Upvote 0

mfstuart

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't think that it is related to the new version. Please start a new thread and provide all information you can.
This morning I started up the tablet and deployed the same app in Debug mode and everything is working as expected.
Still unusual errors to have installing an app to Android.

Thanx,
Mark Stuart

Upvote 0

Scotter

Licensed User
Hi. I bought a basic B4A (2 months of upgrades) on July 31st of this year. So I should be eligable for this new 8.50 version.
How do I upgrade? Thanks!

Upvote 0

JOTHA

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi. I bought a basic B4A (2 months of upgrades) on July 31st of this year. So I should be eligable for this new 8.50 version.
How do I upgrade? Thanks!
In this case, you should have received an e-mail with an upgrade link from the support. ;)

Upvote 0

Scotter

Licensed User
In this case, you should have received an e-mail with an upgrade link from the support. ;)
The only email I received did have a link to a page where I could upgrade but not for free.
It says $41 (save $18). According to when I bought the last version on July 31, I would have 2 months of free upgrades.

Upvote 0