Time to buy a new Pc...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not saying that your new laptop is bad, it's even very good. :)
I just want to say that I do not want to spend so much money on a laptop or PC.

currently, i am using a Dell laptop that i bought 5 years ago. i really like this laptop, especially after i upgraded to SSD i just wanted to buy me a new gift for my hard work and also to get a laptop that is stronger and faster. i could go for a cheap model but i decided to buy something better.

btw i pay for the laptop 5040 in 36 months so every month i pay 140 shekel thats 38$/month. in israe,l it is very common to buy in rates. i guess its a good deal :)

D

Deleted member 103

btw i pay for the laptop 5040 in 36 months so every month i pay 140 shekel thats 38$/month. in israe,l it is very common to buy in rates. i guess its a good deal :)
In Germany is also like that, you can buy the devices on rate without having to pay interest. :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
omen.jpg

ps: i have no idea why the image is rotated. on my pc its showing ok. :confused:

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In the UK I've not seen anywhere where you can pay monthly without paying extra in interest. If you can both get laptops (not directly from manufacturers (Dell for example)) and not pay interest then that's great, but not over here, everything is just expensive.

Large companies like Dell etc do interest free monthly payments @Filippo and @ilan, but I think k that's because they are not cheap in the first place for their quality items.

D

Deleted member 103

In the UK I've not seen anywhere where you can pay monthly without paying extra in interest. If you can both get laptops (not directly from manufacturers (Dell for example)) and not pay interest then that's great, but not over here, everything is just expensive.

Large companies like Dell etc do interest free monthly payments @Filippo and @ilan, but I think k that's because they are not cheap in the first place for their quality items.
Dell does not offer this option either.
These options are only available at some major stores such as Media-Markt, Saturn etc.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Dell does not offer this option either.
These options are only available at some major stores such as Media-Markt, Saturn etc.

Actually Dell used to offer this at some point (maybe over Christmas or something) as I clearly remember I my friend Ian buying his partners children 2 Dell laptops as it was interest free credit over something like 24 or 36 months (I remember the crappy TV ads too). But you are correct, they are not offering that currently.

Over here maybe PC world might offer 12 months interest free payments, but that's simply because PC world are seriously expensive in first place, I don't buy from there as I value my money and I spend it wisely :)

I've not checked I have a strange feeling that you are correct when it comes to large retailers. I don't go to them so I really don't know, I should have checked before posting my previous post.

Anyway, @ilan good luck with you new lappers...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In the UK I've not seen anywhere where you can pay monthly without paying extra in interest.

here its very common to pay via credit card and you can buy lots of stuff in 36 monthly rates without to pay 1 cent extra.
i am not sure its a good thing. lots of people buy lots of stuff they dont really need and end up with a monthly payment of 2000-3000 shekel per month for stupid stuff they bought for 36 month so you need to be very careful and control your self :p

anyway, notebook runs awesome. Android Studio runs now really fast. few seconds and project is loaded. B4x runs also much faster on compile. I also downloaded Battlefield 4 to see how the performance of my GTX1050 is and i set all video settings to maximum (ULTRA) and runs awesome. i have not seen a single lag so i am really happy with the purchase. i also like that i can control the light colors on my notebook. there are 4 different areas and i can choose any color i want. thats really cool and very helpful if you work at night. so i really recommend this Notebook ;)

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
here its very common to pay via credit card and you can buy lots of stuff in 36 monthly rates without to pay 1 cent extra.

Hmm, I don't use my CC that much, but always for holidays. If there are any issues with booking holidays, the credit card company does not charge you. I pay the card off instantly, thus the holiday and my money is covered and guaranteed if there are any problems.

Yes you are correct @ilan. You don't pay anything as long as you pay off the card at the end of the month in full. Now and again I'll use my CC for larger purchases, but apart from that I hardly use my CC, fuel now again and some shopping at ASDA and that's about it.

I've not used my CC in about two or months, I might fill up the car tomorrow now with it, thank you