B4J Question MacStorePackager success but no .pkg file written

David Meier

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
I tried the very cool Store Packager. After all steps the program says "success" but I cannot find any .pkg file. If I compare my process to the one in the video there are no message boxes asking for signing permission.

I use b4j with open jdk 11 and xcode 9.2

Regards David

JanPRO

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi David,

@tufanv already informed me about this issue:
hope you are doing well. I have a problem. Storepackager gives success msg at the end but the package is not on desktop or anywhere. What may be the problem =?(version 1.01)

It's a bug which needs to be fixed (JDK 9 is required on mac). Moreover, I will probably release a early beta packager for JDK 11 builds, I am currently working on it ;)

Thank you very much for the hint.

Jan

Upvote 0

David Meier

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Jan
Thanks for the super fast reply. I tried now to use JDK8 (as I still have it on my hard disk I did not download jdk9). But still I get success without .pkg file. Can it be because of xcode 9.2? I am a bit hesitant to downgrade ;)
Regards
David

Upvote 0

JanPRO

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I tried now to use JDK8
You really should use JDK 9. However, like I said in the first post, there is a bug in MacStorePackager. Currently it will not work with the latest JDK 9 version, you have to wait till the update is released (probably this evening or tomorrow).
I will probably also publish a second (beta) version for support of B4J Apps compiled with OpenJDK 11.

Jan

Upvote 0

David Meier

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

You really should use JDK 9. However, like I said in the first post, there is a bug in MacStorePackager. Currently it will not work with the latest JDK 9 version, you have to wait till the update is released (probably this evening or tomorrow).
I will probably also publish a second (beta) version for support of B4J Apps compiled with OpenJDK 11.

Jan
Hi Jan
I haven't seen any update since. Is there any news?
Kind regards
David

Upvote 0

JanPRO

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi David,

sorry for the late reply. The creation of the Pkg itself is no problem, however I have difficulties with signing the package - the Application loader still throws errors.

Probably with OpenJDK 13 there will be a new tool called jpackage, which is the "new javapackager" for OpenJDK. However, the release will take some time and the available early beta versions are not reliable. Therefore, I will definetly investigate more time to solve the current issues.

Jan

Upvote 0