B4J Question Why Google Maps looks corrupt in WebView

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all, as the headline says, how come? and does anyone have a solution..?

Here's a screenshot of Google maps street view loaded in WebView (Athena)
As you can see 2D view looks and works correct it's just the 3D view that behaves
like a broken mirror. Let's fix this ASAP

Athena_maps.jpg

Here's a JavaFX post that might point towards a solution go here

Last edited:

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
I assume this is not at all related to B4X or B4J. It's because JavaFX WebView lacks proper support for HTML5 and javaScript technologies in Google services. There's currently no solution to this as in the current time of writing. The JavaFX WebView control cannot play ALL streaming videos nor does it support ALL streaming radio stations. No idea why it lacks so much support. It might be caused by licensing issues, not sure. Read in about Larry Ellison and you'll get some hints :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Mashiane Thanks, yes very unfortunate, even though this affects the JavaFX control in general. I have not tested the last link in post #1 myself. It should use a HTML page that enables 2D and 3D view on the same page. I should give that a try, just have been too busy to test it. The floating menu opens weblinks in the default browser and since it can be programmed to handle most common events the two webviews are more of a welcomed bonus that enhances searching for information, similar to the database so that's why I added this support. There might be a need for comparing web content sometimes and then the limitations of the webviews are usually good enough. 3D street views are usually much better fullscreen anyway while the massive information flow calls for an enhancement that's why I spend so much time with Athena.

Upvote 0