B4R Tutorial EasyEDA - PCB Design CAD

Hi everybody,

looking for free PCB design software I came accross the EasyEDA. It is one of the best I have seen since you get to design multilayered PCBs and see the designed PCB in 3d view. Take a look at this (two layers PCB):

upload_2019-12-14_13-45-44.png

upload_2019-12-14_13-46-43.png

upload_2019-12-14_13-47-46.png

The best part for the ones that have crabs in their pockets is that it allows you to create the PCBs in JLCPCB which company's prices are 13-15 times lower than the Greek companies' prices that create PCBs. You also get cloud (at www.easyeda.com) which is not necessarily a good thing though... You can download it at: https://easyeda.com/page/download

Cheers...

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
They've been around for quite some time.

Back in the day I used to use the Protel suite, one of the top electronic dedicated cad suites.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Then I just found that the wheel exists...:):):):);););)

rbghongade

Licensed User
Longtime User
I used Protel in 1994 , now it has been renamed and made more sophisticated as Altium Designer, which is the best EDA software ( in my opinion!) for multilayer PCB design, but is super costly! I conduct training sessions for the same at my institute. AD is super advanced, but I miss Protel!

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I used Protel in 1994 , now it has been renamed and made more sophisticated as Altium Designer, which is the best EDA software ( in my opinion!) for multilayer PCB design, but is super costly! I conduct training sessions for the same at my institute. AD is super advanced, but I miss Protel!
I also used the complete Altium Designer, before, Protel was a bit like B4x, a collection of software.

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
At the university I used Proteus.
I tried to use Egle and KitCad but I didn't like them
Protel many craches..
yes Altium very good, but some times too much for developer a project.
then finally since 2018 I use Circuit Studio for developer for our clients.

I think we can choose any PCB design software, (like Android IOS softwares for Apps) but
what I look for:
1) Library of components (standards).
2) Support like B4A does.

Last edited: