B4x what is missing?

coslad

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

I say it in advance, B4x is almost perfect I love it.
But for me it is missing one feature to get it perfect, it is to manage the library in native mode .
I know there is a way to wrap the library to let them working into this awesome compiler, but it needs deep Java or object c knowledge.
For example I need to develop an app using arkit library, I can not wait until Erel create a wrap, if he will do.
This is only thing in my opinion is missing and if Erel will figure out how to import the library straight in the ide ,it will be fantastic.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
In line Java and Java object? It does not require that deep knowledge of Java. There are tones of examples in stackoverflow for everything...

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have to +1 this. Everything is perfect and easy but if I need a custom library for something I need to wait for Erel ( thanks to him he always helps us creating those) especially for b4i. Sometimes it makes harder to develop using the newest techs which apple favors. ( like if you use their new arkit or similar, your app has more chance to be featured etc..)

In line Java and Java object? It does not require that deep knowledge of Java. There are tones of examples in stackoverflow for everything...

I don't think it is that much easy.

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Not everything in life is free
Exactly. The reason B4X is so much simpler and faster to use than other tools is because someone made an easy to use wrapper that hides all the difficult stuff in B4X. This is not something that can be automated 'magically'.

coslad

Licensed User
Longtime User
What about a dedicated service to wrap the library , I would pay to get the library wrapped (arkit2 in this case) instead to spend hours learning swift, so b4x can be free but with a payment wrap service.

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You got it wrong guys. This is not about being free or paid. I am happy to pay maybe around $200 for a library but let's say I have decided to use the library , I will create a topic wait for someone to response, negotiate, wait for him/her to wrap the library ? So 3 weeks past maybe, sorry but this is not logical. Sometimes you need the library asap or maybe in 2 days at most.

You are instantly answering "everything is not free in life". did i or some one said it is too expensive to make libraries ? What we are saying is it is hard to reach out to those latest technlogy or libraries which is essential. If I didnt have any respect for this forum I could answer this harsher:

Agree.
Getting most for free, we tend to get greedy. This is human nature.

Regards,

Anand

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If I didnt have any respect for this forum I could answer this harsher:
Thanks for being human.

I did not meant what you understood, too. I was just trying to lend a helping hand because we too have respect to members here.

As for quick response or delivery, you can negotiate that too.

Your point is from the consumer side, but please read the points from the developer/wrapper side too, in this forum. How they have burnt fingers and how they have lost interest in the job.

Regards,

Anand

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

I say it in advance, B4x is almost perfect I love it.
But for me it is missing one feature to get it perfect, it is to manage the library in native mode .
I know there is a way to wrap the library to let them working into this awesome compiler, but it needs deep Java or object c knowledge.
For example I need to develop an app using arkit library, I can not wait until Erel create a wrap, if he will do.
This is only thing in my opinion is missing and if Erel will figure out how to import the library straight in the ide ,it will be fantastic.

coslad

Licensed User
Longtime User

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for being human.

I did not meant what you understood, too. I was just trying to lend a helping hand because we too have respect to members here.

As for quick response or delivery, you can negotiate that too.

Your point is from the consumer side, but please read the points from the developer/wrapper side too, in this forum. How they have burnt fingers and how they have lost interest in the job.

Regards,

Anand
Thanks for the answer, I am jsut trying to state out a minor negative in this product line. b4x is my life, all my job is done with b4x.

semar

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would like a B4X 3D library/framework in order to develop 3D games. I'm really still enjoying the Blitz3D language (for Windows platforms), it's a very straight-forward easy and powerful programming language. It would be a dream to have a similar command set for B4X-3D.
However, B4X is really powerful and I'm really happy with it. I really like also the 2D-phisyc-engine.

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
b4x is my life, all my job is done with b4x.
I am not lucky yet.

But THIS Forum is my life. I have found most helpful messages, even in non-coding thread.
We programmers tend to have less social life, but here I am between friends every time.
I have kept upgrading my subscription just to be present in this Forum, for last few years. And I hope to meet more members in few weeks :)

Regards,

Anand

AzureCrystal

Licensed User
Longtime User
For which platform specifically?
In my case for B4J, it might be useful for B4i as well, but not for B4a since there is very little midi/audio support on the android platform. Wrapping the Java library manually has proven way too much work for me, it is primitive as it is, and makes it hard to debug! I have also tried using Juce, but B4J's GUI framework is much more richer and robust, and I already had a very nice B4j interface and strong MySql coding done in B4J; It seemed like a shame all that was missing was a nice MIDI library for it ;)

P.S. I also tried the wrapper provided here for Jfugue, and again, debugging and having to code workarounds on the wrapper casting for each function seemed too much work (for me). :)

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@AzureCrystal have a wrap for JavaxMidi for B4j that I will share later (possibly tomorrow). Android midi support is not complete it allows managing devices and flow but has no concept of midi files or tracks or even events. You can try : https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/midisystem.50106/post-312859 which is a port of most of JavaxMidi specifically for B4a and which I wrote a few years ago. I can't help with B4i I'm afraid.

Last edited: