Share My Creation Extending PBX functionality (mail/sms) for agression alarming

Hello,

As mentioned before I work in a facility for people with mental disability (down, authism etc).

Sometimes these people respond bad on certain triggers and might lead to agression towards the people that take care of them.
(verbal, beating, biting, throwing with chairs through the living room or window etc)

While changing the retarded Alcatel pbx recently with 3CX I was thinking about this problem.

The old method was with regular (Doro) cellphones that had an alert button.
This was not 100% failtproof as you relied on GSM reception and it's bad overthere so calls could not even reach the people who should be warned.

So we integrated SIP based multicell DECTs that also have an alarm button (Snom M70 phones).

With these phones we can setup multiple sip lines/account where line 1 is the regular call receiving one,
line 2 is for sending the alarm which calls a ring group and it is also required to have another ring tone for when an alarm comes in from somewhere else.

While people who don't need to run to the agression wanted to be informed about it aswell I decided to create a B4J based tool for it
as the pbx itself doesn't have these features.

The tool registers as a phone to the pbx and is added to the alarm ring groups.

It listens to incoming alarms and sends out the required mails and/or sms messages to those who need to be warned for that alarm.

Currently the SMS part is using a mail-to-SMS bridge of our provider which is free upto 100 message per month but it might be replaced with a dev board + sim card board later.

I attached a few screenshots of the tool.

BIG THANKS

Big thanks to @DonManfred who helped to get mjSIP partially ported to B4J.

Altho it's not 100% functional yet for calling/receiving calls (or I didn't figure it out yet how it actually work :) )
it was already good enough to register the phone and receive sip invites which was enough for me to continue with this.

If anyone would be interested in testing/finalizing this library I guess Manfred would share it without problem.

Attachments

• alert_log.png
    alert_log.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 2,449
  • messenging.png
    messenging.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 227
  • phones.png
    phones.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 234
  • users.png
    users.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 217
  • logs.png
    logs.png
    14 KB · Views: 233
  • settings.png
    settings.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 216

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it's just a service where you can send a mail to like [email protected] and text in the body.

that text in the body is sent to the phone number that you used in that email address.

you need to register to it with a valid provider phone number and sender email address.