Android Question White map with google maps when uploading to google play store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapta

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @Erel and All member,

I have a "white map" issue when I upload apk to google play store (image 2).
Previously at development, all running well and appearing map (image 1)

Screenshot_20170719-071013.png Screenshot_20170804-085320.png

I use :
- B4A 7.1
- Samsung SM-G610F Galaxy 7 Prime Device

But I suspect if there is any effect if Android Key making using X account and upload it to google play using account Y? Or is there something else?

Thank you

Sapta

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel
Yes that's my question too, why use 2 keys? I also do not understand, and I just try it as shown picture below.
1. How do settings only use the same key during development with the one in publish?
2. What is the meaning of the image below? Why there are 2 keys
3. Why use 2 keys, the google maps can appear? if use 1 key, can't show the maps
4. How to fix this?

Thank you

ETnXrdU.png

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Sapta

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why do you use a different key during development? It is not needed.

Hi @Erel
May be this step can answer,

New apps
Step 3: Upload your signed app
Follow the steps to prepare & rollout a release.
Before the app is delivered to users, Google Play will remove your upload key signature and re-sign with a new key.

see step 3 from https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/7384423

This seems to be causing me to create 2 keys, does it have to be so? Have you ever tried uploading google map project to google play store?
Because from your tutorial here, I have done

Thank you

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sapta

Licensed User
Longtime User
No need to use Google AppSigning.
Important: App Signing opt-in is permanent
Google Play App Signing is an optional program. If you prefer, you can continue managing your own keys.

Hi @DonManfred
How can i do continue managing my keys ? Where the menu or link for change this optional program?
I have not understood this :D:D

Thank you

Upvote 0

Sapta

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @DonManfred

Okay thanks, I understand it's optional permanent.

Or any other colleagues can help on this matter? It must use 2 keys like picture above or any solutions work with google signing?

Thank you

Upvote 0

ntuser04

Licensed User
@Erel
Yes that's my question too, why use 2 keys? I also do not understand, and I just try it as shown picture below.
1. How do settings only use the same key during development with the one in publish?
2. What is the meaning of the image below? Why there are 2 keys
3. Why use 2 keys, the google maps can appear? if use 1 key, can't show the maps
4. How to fix this?

Thank you

ETnXrdU.png

Just wanted to add to this old post because I had the same issue and found the problem using information from this thread.

What I did to solve the problem had been to use the SHA-1 certificate fingerprint from the App signing certificate instead of the one I had been initially using from the Upload certificate for the Google API SHA-1 input value.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.