WIFI IP Camera

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi to all
I have seen this discussion and I have a question. As a matter of fact I was never able to connect an Ip camera with any software, to get the video stream. With other languages, on desktops, somebody suggest to use OpenCV (and "hope" that it connects). As I said, I was not able to do it. The story is that, some years ago, i bought an ip camera. At that time I had a router in my house, therefore I had a local network, so the camera had a local Ip and everything worked, but, as i said, only with the manufacturer App. Nevertheless, I was not able to capture the video stream for my purposes. Now I don't have that router anymore and nothing works. What I read here surprises me a little. Do I understand well: is it so straightforward to connect to the camera? At the moment I don't know how, but if it is possible, I hope to find the way. Thanks in advance for any hint.
From the other hand... why will not be possible to just capture a frame, screenshoot....

First you must have access
to your ip camera.. at least through web (to check how works, what streams, and how streaming)... i am sure that will help the following:

need to have some network knowledge...

and... you can create a new question at b4j or b4a forum ! where you wanna create code for it... :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi to all
I have seen this discussion and I have a question. As a matter of fact I was never able to connect an Ip camera with any software, to get the video stream. With other languages, on desktops, somebody suggest to use OpenCV (and "hope" that it connects). As I said, I was not able to do it. The story is that, some years ago, i bought an ip camera. At that time I had a router in my house, therefore I had a local network, so the camera had a local Ip and everything worked, but, as i said, only with the manufacturer App. Nevertheless, I was not able to capture the video stream for my purposes. Now I don't have that router anymore and nothing works. What I read here surprises me a little. Do I understand well: is it so straightforward to connect to the camera? At the moment I don't know how, but if it is possible, I hope to find the way. Thanks in advance for any hint.
have you tried to connect through the app i posted above?
you said that you were able to connect with your old router may be your new router runs on 5ghz and many wifi IP cam don't support 5ghz.
actually it was super simple to connect to my wifi ip cam. i did not had to do anything just scan the qr code that was shown on the app by the IP cam and that's it.
it is a very cheap camera maybe consider get one. i can tell you that it is working great for me.

GiovanniPolese

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks. I will try. Actually I was not on this problem and only noticed your post. I don't think it is a ghz problem, but right now don't have further details to contribute to the discussion. At the moment I cannot work on this, but it is a rather crucial issue in my work, so I will contact you for any further hint. Thanks again.

GiovanniPolese

Licensed User
Longtime User
Magma: the basic problem is to have access to the camera, as you pointed out. This is my problem, decoding Mjpeg etc.is a further step. To be sincere, after changing the router, no other software, included the manufacturer App, connects. Of course I scanned the Qr code etc. I argue that the camera stored old Ip after first installation. Probably I have to reset the camera. I didn't do it because, when I tried, I had no access to the factory reset button. Thanks for hints.

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Magma: the basic problem is to have access to the camera, as you pointed out. This is my problem, decoding Mjpeg etc.is a further step. To be sincere, after changing the router, no other software, included the manufacturer App, connects. Of course I scanned the Qr code etc. I argue that the camera stored old Ip after first installation. Probably I have to reset the camera. I didn't do it because, when I tried, I had no access to the factory reset button. Thanks for hints.
may be is a pin hole... or "trick" to reset it... but is better to contact manufacture will guide you for this... the other as you said... is the second step :)

Hope... that you will found a solution !

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ilan: just to close the topic, for now, where did you post the app?

thetahsk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi to all
Check this IP camera database for your camera.