iOS Question Error building Simulator Release (Out: Command line invocation)

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am working on a very basic B4XPages application, and Debug and release mode using Adhoc provision works fine.
When i use a simulator release I get the error below. I switched between primary and secondary hosted builder but same error

B4X:
B4i Version: 7.80
Parsing code.    (0.09s)
Building folders structure.    (0.15s)
Running custom action.    (0.08s)
Compiling code.    (0.82s)
Compiling layouts code.    (0.02s)
Building Xcode project.    (0.15s)
Preparing project for builder.    (0.12s)
    Project size: 0.53 MB
Sending data to remote compiler.    Error
Out: Command line invocation:
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild -configuration Release PRODUCT_NAME=See CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload CODE_SIGNING_REQUIRED=NO -sdk iphonesimulator -arch x86_64

User defaults from command line:
    IDEPackageSupportUseBuiltinSCM = YES

Build settings from command line:
    ARCHS = x86_64
    CODE_SIGNING_REQUIRED = NO
    CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload
    PRODUCT_NAME = See
    SDKROOT = iphonesimulator15.2

note: Using new build system
note: Planning
Analyze workspace

Create build description
Build description signature: 3d4951d743caeb8393246c88bb8fc38b
Build description path: /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/XCBuildData/3d4951d743caeb8393246c88bb8fc38b-desc.xcbuild

note: Build preparation complete
warning: Building targets in manual order is deprecated - check "Parallelize build for command-line builds" in the project editor, or set DISABLE_MANUAL_TARGET_ORDER_BUILD_WARNING in any of the targets in the current build to suppress this warning
/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/B4iProject.xcodeproj: error: Building for iOS Simulator, but the linked and embedded framework 'Lottie.framework' was built for iOS. (in target 'B4iProject' from project 'B4iProject')

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an approved app which uses a custom propietary Lottie wrapper, not iLottie. The exported methods were limited to the ones I needed at that moment.

I just got rejected because my application was crushing on their testing device.
Does the crash report point towards the library crashing? Or you need it in order to simulate a specific device?

Just in case, remember to test your app in airplane mode. This is one of the first tests they perform, in order to check for crashes. Of course it isn't expected to work correctly, but it should not crash.

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you have an alternative. I will love to have it. I just need Play and stop to work.

I usually grab all my screenshot with appetize.io so without the simulator build, I have to manually edit and resize screenshot from my iphone 5s.

Yes, the app was tested in airplane mode. I have not studied the crash report yet. I will do that in few hours and let you know if the crash is from the iLottie.

Upvote 0

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh, I was thinking that you needed the simulator in order to reproduce the bug. If I understand correctly now, you are talking about 2 different things: on one side Apple rejected your build (which can be due to several causes), and on the orher side you want to use the simulator to take screenshots, is it right?

I'll check this evening if the framework I'm using is valid for the simulator, I never use it. If so, you'll need a local builder in order to work with it.

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I use hosted builder with small iphone 5s. The simulator build helps in 2 ways
1.To Screenshots for other device sizes
2. To Test application on newer iOS Versions for compatibility.

The primary issue here is, I am not able to do SIMULATOR BUILD, because of iLOTTIE

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
@JordiCP do you have a local builder to help me trace the crash?

Edit: I removed the Lottie, and build the simulator release, used the appetize.io to capture the screenshots and manually inserted the lottie images in the final screenshots.

Thank you for your help

Last edited:
Upvote 0