Share My Creation LA Metro

This was my first Android app ever created with B4A, I believe it's been more than 8 years, i finally made some time, and re-wrote the whole app which only took me a few days, this app is completely written using B4X components, let's see how it does in the app store, the first time I released it back in the days i was raking in around $1500 dollars in revenue a month just with this one app, which I thought it wasn't too bad.

This app was made for people who commute by public Transportation, it uses the L.A. Metro API, it's very simple to use, users can choose their Bus number, select the Direction (North, South, East or West) then they would select the stop where they would catch the Bus and they can get the arrival time for their Bus.
If they prefer they can search for Bus Stops near them and they will be presented with a list of stops around their location, They can also set a countdown notification based on the the Next Bus arrival time, they can also add their favorite stops to their Favorites list.

I have also submitted the iOS version to the apple store, God knows how long it will take to get it approved, but for now this is the Android version, check it out, let me know what you guys think, please go easy on me as i am very fragile :D.

Here's the link,
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.genesis.schedules

main_screen.jpg

Regards,
Walter

Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the first time I released it back in the days i was raking in around $1500 dollars in revenue a month just with this one app, which I thought it wasn't too bad.
How many months did it last? 8 years?

please go easy on me as i am very fragile :D.
:D

I fear that this app would not work here in Rome (Roma!)
(unless you have also created a holes map!)

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
="I fear that this app would not work here in Rome (Roma!)
(unless you have also created a holes map!)"
Look at the Title, it says L.A. Metro, not Rome Metro ;):p

Walter

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why did you take the last one off the store, rather than just update it?
It was actually taken off by Google, i got so busy i was not able to keep up with the Updates.

Walter

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
[Incidentally, "La Metro" is a term used here to indicate the underground and "La" is the definite article]
LA means underground? interesting!

Walter

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think la is like the. like in French. (la, le, les)
It's actually latin, which spanish and italian is devired from.

Walter

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's actually latin, which spanish and italian is devired from.

actually most euro languages are germanic or roman based tho, not latin.

in latin it's probably quod or something not la.

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Ok, la is in French then, and also in Spanish and probably Portuguese.

Walter

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
yeah. I should know this as it is one of our 3 official languages but I never speak french :)

If I recall right le=female, la=male, les=multiple

enough language lessons for today.

Good luck with your app!

Pablo Torres

Licensed User
Longtime User

French, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian are all latin based, the others main languages from Europe comes from saxon, celtics, teuton, nórdico or slavish languages but not these 4, whose root are only latin