Android Question [SOLVED] Adaptive Icons stopped working - Just letting you know

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Annoying but simple enough to solve...

Basically ALL of my apps that used adaptive icons suddenly refuse to compile, I've installed all the recommended checked filed in the B4A SDK Manager as I do every couple of weeks, but as I've been doing a lot of B4J and VB.Net lately I've not had any new B4A projects on. Today one of my clients asked me to update their Android application for them, I did what they requested and then all of a sudden I came across this issue where i couldn't compile the Android app, basically I couldn't compile any of my Android apps that use adaptive icons.

B4X:
ObfuscatorMap.txt file created in Objects folder.
Compiling layouts code.    (0.00s)
Organizing libraries.    (0.00s)
Generating R file.    Error
res\mipmap-anydpi-v26\ic_launcher.xml:3: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@mipmap/background').
res\mipmap-anydpi-v26\ic_launcher.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@mipmap/foreground').

I personally don't care about adaptive icons, but the fact that all my apps that used adaptive icons had stopped compiling was just ridiculous...

Cheers...

Last edited: