iOS Question I can not publish a version of my app in ios. help

FelixCusi

Licensed User
Hi. I am trying to publish a version of an app in ios. But the itunes connect uploader throws me the following error. I do not know where to look for the problem.
What I download with the ipa is a tmp.zip
Thank you so much
Felix

1 package(s) were not uploaded because they had problems:
/var/folders/lj/wrbzzxds6b53f88_rx3x7c800000gn/T/D68FBA16-A3A0-487F-81FA-C6CC0E1DE90F/1336038922.itmsp - Error Messages:
ERROR ITMS-90017: "This bundle is invalid. The IPA format requires a top-level directory named Payload, containing only a .app bundle and optional plugins in a Plugins directory."
2019-04-15 09:24:44.486 altool[32496:42533328] *** Error: Errors uploading 'E:\appCirculo\Objects\App COCCatamarca.ipa': (
"Error Domain=ITunesTransporterErrorDomain Code=-18000 \"ERROR ITMS-90017: \"This bundle is invalid. The IPA format requires a top-level directory named Payload, containing only a .app bundle and optional plugins in a Plugins directory.\"\" UserInfo={NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=ERROR ITMS-90017: \"This bundle is invalid. The IPA format requires a top-level directory named Payload, containing only a .app bundle and optional plugins in a Plugins directory.\", NSLocalizedDescription=ERROR ITMS-90017: \"This bundle is invalid. The IPA format requires a top-level directory named Payload, containing only a .app bundle and optional plugins in a Plugins directory.\", NSLocalizedFailureReason=ERROR ITMS-90017: \"This bundle is invalid. The IPA format requires a top-level directory named Payload, containing only a .app bundle and optional plugins in a Plugins directory.\"}"
)

BillMeyer

Licensed User
Longtime User
@FelixCusi

tmp.zip is the wrong file to Upload to iTunes.

My advice is: (And I assuming you are using the Hosted Builder)
Go through the whole process again. When you get the message to download (after the Hosted Builder has complied) tell it to download, but wait a while until the tmp.zip has become Archive.zip.

You can then upload Archive.zip to iTunes - it should work from there.

Upvote 0

FelixCusi

Licensed User
Hi
When I compile, this comes out:

B4i Version: 5.51
Parsing code. (0.06s)
Building folders structure. (0.11s)
Compiling code. (0.11s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.04s)
Building Xcode project (0.24s)
Sending data to remote compiler. (24.52s)
Application compiled with non-store provision profile.
Completed successfully.
Make sure that B4i-Bridge is started (192.168.1.15).
Manually launch the app after installation.
´

Create the certificates again but continue downloading the tmp.zip file. I can not make it download archive.zip. I do not know what else I can prove.

Upvote 0

FelixCusi

Licensed User
Hi
And I could do. I saw the video creating a certificate and provisioning profile and at minute 4:53, I chose Ad Hoc, I tried choosing App Store and it worked

Thank you so much

Upvote 0

FelixCusi

Licensed User
Hi. Thank you very much for the orientation to publish the version of the app. I have already become an expert in uploading app versions. But only until I have to upload another version again then I will realize that I do not know anything and I will consult again.

Upvote 0

FelixCusi

Licensed User
Hello, Apple rejects the app because I do not have a screen caput 6.5 I think. How can I get the screenshots if I do not have that device or have another option?
Thank you
Felix

De Apple

• 0" style="font-size: 15px; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-family: "SF UI Text Light", "Helvetica Neue", HelveticaNeue, Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px 0px 20px; border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-top-style: initial; border-right-style: initial; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: initial; border-top-color: initial; border-right-color: initial; border-bottom-color: rgb(229, 229, 229); border-left-color: initial; border-image: initial; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-variant-east-asian: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 19px; vertical-align: baseline; list-style: none; letter-spacing: -0.016em; color: rgb(95, 95, 95); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
  • 2. 3 Performance: Accurate Metadata
Guideline 2.3.3 - Performance - Accurate Metadata

We noticed that your screenshots do not sufficiently reflect your app in use.

Specifically, your 6.5-inch iPhone screenshots do not display the app in the correct device frame.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise your screenshots to ensure that they accurately reflect the app in use on the supported devices. For example, a gaming app should feature screenshots that capture actual gameplay from within the app. Marketing or promotional materials that do not reflect the UI of the app are not appropriate for screenshots.

For iPhone, screenshots for 6.5-inch iPhone Xs Max and 5.5-inch devices (iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus) are required. These screenshots will scale down for smaller device sizes.

For iPad, screenshots for 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation) and 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd generation) are required. These screenshots will scale down for smaller device sizes.

App Store screenshots should accurately communicate your app’s value and functionality. Use text and overlay images to highlight your app’s user experience, not obscure it. Make sure app UI and product images match the corresponding device type in App Store Connect. This helps users understand your app and makes for a positive App Store experience.

Resources

For resources on creating great screenshots for the App Store, you may want to review the App Store Product Page information available on the Apple Developer website.

Please ensure you have made any screenshot modifications using Media Manager. You should confirm your app looks and behaves identically in all languages and on all supported devices. Learn more about uploading app previews and screenshots in App Store Connect Help.

Please see attached screenshots for details.

Since your App Store Connect status is Metadata Rejected, we do NOT require a new binary. To revise the metadata, visit App Store Connect to select your app and revise the desired metadata values. Once you’ve completed all changes, reply to this message in Resolution Center and we will continue the review.

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Get someone who has those devices like Xs so that they capture it for you. You can send the app to them to OTA Deployer if you have their UDID.

For me, what I did was, I captured the images in my iPhone 5s, then join them together in Coreldraw with the 6.5 inch screen size and it was accepted.

Upvote 0