iOS Question Command line compilation for B4i

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Might be added in a future version. The building process is more complicated in B4i compared to B4A and B4J.
In addition, I think license verification should be moved to the command line builders - this way we don't need to have the IDE installed to use the command line compilers; this would allow us to create cross-platform IDEs.

Upvote 0

Alberto Iglesias

Licensed User
Longtime User
Now, I using AZURE PIPELINES to Continuos Integration and works perfectly, look:

Everytime when I commit my source code, the Pipeline do everything for me: Get the Code, Compile, Sign, push to our servers and you can also publish automatically to Stores.

But for now we can do just for Android....

Waiting angrily for B4iBuild.exe !!!

upload_2019-6-6_13-5-2.png

Upvote 0

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry but a minimum example will not help. The process depends on all kinds of factors. This is currently not supported.
I'm assuming that the compilation is done by the local/hosted builders, right?

If they are then why not just create a CLI tool that replicates what the IDE does (sending data to the builders)?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm assuming that the compilation is done by the local/hosted builders, right?
True.

If they are then why not just create a CLI tool that replicates what the IDE does (sending data to the builders)?
Such a builder might be created in the future. I don't think that it will be used by many developers.

this way we don't need to have the IDE installed to use the command line compilers; this would allow us to create cross-platform IDEs.
Not really. There are many other much more complicated challenges that you need to solve if you want to develop a new IDE.

Upvote 0

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not really. There are many other much more complicated challenges that you need to solve if you want to develop a new IDE
The biggest hurdle would be licensing though that could be solved by having the compilers handle licensing rather than the IDEs. Another hurdle is the designer but there are various solutions I could see using.

Upvote 0

Alberto Iglesias

Licensed User
Longtime User
True.

Such a builder might be created in the future. I don't think that it will be used by many developers.

Not really. Thhere are many other much more complicated challenges that you need to solve if you want to develop a new IDE.
@Erel,

Do you have any sample how we can compile via command line in xcode? because on compile logs is very difficult to understand

Upvote 0