B4J Question [BANano v3 RC1] Problem Copying?

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ola

Just testing compilation using BuildAsB4XLib for a lib.

Whilst it says the b4xlib is created, on the b4j log it shows an error "Problem copying"

So i'm not really sure what.

pc.png

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The project with the warning above works well. ;)

Now I was just testing a project with BANanoSQL. I deleted the publication folder currently c:\xampp\htdocs\uoemock and removed all css and js files in my Files folder for my project.

alasql.png

Reproduction

I dim a variable as BANanoSQL in my project.

1. I run the project for the first time, this error is reported.
2. I press Sync in Files, the alasql.min.js file now appears
3. I run the project again, error of missing alasql.min.js does not appear anymore.

Upvote 0

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just noted that my TranspilerOptions for dead code seem to work whilst NOT turned on. Damn!!! This is one of the best options in the world!!! #Happy4Days

TranspilerOptionsOn.png

These are picked up whilst the options are OFF and are the only picks in my project so long, I like what I see when they are ON. Wow!

On the issue of dead code, just for clarity

B4X:
BANano.TranspilerOptions.ShowWarningDeadCode = True
    BANano.TranspilerOptions.RemoveDeadCode = True

These two statements work in conjuction?

When both true, the OPTIMISATION "white" log text for "appears to be unused" does not show and you get a msg that the dead code will not be added.

When .RemoveDeadCode = False, the OPTIMISATION "white" log text appears. Are they dependent on each other? CASE 2 below.

Case 1:

B4X:
[CODE]BANano.TranspilerOptions.ShowWarningDeadCode = True
    BANano.TranspilerOptions.RemoveDeadCode = False
[/CODE]
optimisation.png

Case 2: (Warning Dead Code No Show)

B4X:
[CODE]BANano.TranspilerOptions.ShowWarningDeadCode = True
    BANano.TranspilerOptions.RemoveDeadCode = True
[/CODE]

noptimisation.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just one final question about the post-processor.

I've turned mergingcss and mergingjs ON, works perfectly. Left out the option to minify online as I want to use Kiffi's post processor. The merged css and merged js files are currently not-minified. I cant seem to find, BANano.STYLES_NAME or something to set/get the file name for the single styles name, can you add it please?

Everything works as normal in my projects, Hoora!!! ;););) to BANano V3 RC1, thanks again.

Upvote 0